X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Kubuntu Council Members - including a familiar KFN name

Many will recognize at least one name:

"Following the departure of a few Kubuntu Council members Philip (yofel) launched a new election for people to fill the chairs left on the council. The results of that election are three brand new members! Welcome in myself (Aaron Honeycutt/ahoneybun), Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan(ovidiu-florin), Clay Weber(claydoh)"

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/new-kubu...uncil-members/

Congratulations claydoh!
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Ya, Claydoh!
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Calling it an election is a bit of a stretch, as it was basically a "walk in" nomination.

It's of course nice to have an active forum member in the council (and vice versa), even if the council is fairly meaningless by now.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
          Calling it an election is a bit of a stretch, as it was basically a "walk in" nomination.

It's of course nice to have an active forum member in the council (and vice versa), even if the council is fairly meaningless by now.

The time for things being meaningless isn't quite here, yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ronw View Post
            Many will recognize at least one name:

"Following the departure of a few Kubuntu Council members Philip (yofel) launched a new election for people to fill the chairs left on the council. The results of that election are three brand new members! Welcome in myself (Aaron Honeycutt/ahoneybun), Ovidiu-Florin Bogdan(ovidiu-florin), Clay Weber(claydoh)"

http://www.kubuntu.org/news/new-kubu...uncil-members/
            Dang it, now everyone knows. I may have to actually do something

Comment

Be like SuperWoman and save Kubuntu!
              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Cool .........I feel like I know someone on the inside now

VINNY
                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                16GB RAM
                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                  The time for things being meaningless isn't quite here, yet.
                  Well, the council had a chance to be meaningful and show some leadership...and it caved in.

Anyway, none of it is your fault, and I truly wish you the best of luck, and perhaps you (all) can prove me wrong on the 'meaningless' remark.

btw, kitterman was my hero on the ubuntu-devel, sometimes it felt like he was the only sane person in there.

Comment

I was so glad to see that you were willing to go onto the Council. I am sure you will be able to make a positive contribution. I also hope that your contributions to this forum still come with this extra responsibility.

NoWorries

Comment

kubicle: btw, kitterman was my hero on the ubuntu-devel, sometimes it felt like he was the only sane person in there.
                      As I recall, Scott Kitterman played a key role in keeping Kubuntu 8.04 alive for quite some time for some of us (me, included).

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
                        Well, the council had a chance to be meaningful and show some leadership...and it caved in.

Anyway, none of it is your fault, and I truly wish you the best of luck, and perhaps you (all) can prove me wrong on the 'meaningless' remark.

btw, kitterman was my hero on the ubuntu-devel, sometimes it felt like he was the only sane person in there.
                        Well, caving may be descriptive looking from the outside, but it may or may not be accurate.

scottk is cool. He is sane, in a Torvalds kind of way, imo

Comment

Well, caving may be descriptive looking from the outside, but it may or may not be accurate.
                          Point taken.

But it is fairly important how things look from the outside, especially if you are a "community council".
                          Hidden actions and agendas (even if ingenious) don't really cut it.

in a Torvalds kind of way, imo
                          Very well put.

Comment

Congrats, Claydoh!
                            The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Dang it, now everyone knows. I may have to actually do something
                              Well, we know it will be quality work!!

Congrats!!

Comment

Working...
                              X