This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like crap!

Waaaahhhh....waaaaahhhhh....I need to whine! I have a cold and I feel like crap!....waaaaahhhhh....waaaahhhhhh...
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Get yourself some of your comfort foods, a good book and/or TV/movie, and sip some green tea. Take advantage of this virus to give yourself some time off!
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
      Waaaahhhh....waaaaahhhhh....I need to whine! I have a cold and I feel like crap!....waaaaahhhhh....waaaahhhhhh...
      It sounds like you have "man flu"

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
        Get yourself some of your comfort foods, a good book and/or TV/movie, and sip some green tea. Take advantage of this virus to give yourself some time off!
        Sounds good. The sofa is calling me back again right now...

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
        It sounds like you have "man flu"
        Ha ha! I love it! It's so true, too. My husband is known to say that he has a "migraine" and I'll look at him like he's from Mars and ask, "WHEN were you diagnosed with migraines?!" To which he'll reply "oh, well, I mean I have a really bad headache." Whatever...
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Don't take Zicam or other meds high in Zinc. Too much Zinc is bad for you.
          Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 28, 2015, 03:55 PM.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Imagine being a Windows user, they have to deal with viruses all the time

Feel better!
            samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I'm a Windows user and I've never had a virus. Stay away from the germs! .

Comment

All the things qqmike said. Get well soon!
                I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Get well soon!
                  The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

Thanks, guys!

It turned out to be REALLY bad. Today is the first day I've felt well enough to sit up for a few minutes and check my mail and stuff. I had a high fever, felt all over like I'd been hit by an 18-wheeler, and it settled in my lungs--and because of my chronic pulmonary issues (adult-onset asthma, plus an obstructive component), that was scary. Saturday night I was awake all night, really struggling to breathe. I debated calling 911, but didn't...I didn't want to be seen as a hypochondriac or like I was overreacting to a [blanking!] cold. I also debated calling my aunt, who is a nurse, but didn't do that either.

Then I slept for the majority of Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday, only getting up to potty, and to give the cats their VERY EXPECTED [canned] food at dinnertime--although I actually missed Sunday's. I just couldn't do it. (They ALWAYS have dry food down for grazing, so it's not like they went hungry. They're just very spoiled, and very punctual about dinner.) I skipped cleaning out their boxes for four days, and all I can say is THANK GOODNESS they're such good, understanding cats! They kept using their dirty boxes.

I may have missed the first of this year's peafowl chicks, but I hope not. They usually appear anywhere from mid-May to very late July. Fingers crossed that the moms haven't brought them around yet!

Comment

Cats are not good or understanding, they're cats .

Comment

You've just described influenza, as a lot of people experience it, especially sleeping for three days.

One good thing, you're unlikely to get it again.
                        Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                          You've just described influenza, as a lot of people experience it, especially sleeping for three days.
                          Yep...and I cleverly forgot to get a flu shot this year--which I'm always supposed to get. I'm also late on my pneumonia vaccine...

One good thing, you're unlikely to get it again.
                          Oh, I hope you're right!

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
                            Yep...and I cleverly forgot to get a flu shot this year--which I'm always supposed to get. I'm also late on my pneumonia vaccine...
                            You're stronger now because of it ;-). Your body likes viruses. It uses it to strengthen itself. They bring genetic messages, they are messengers.

Comment

Welcome back! (and consider getting that pneumonia vaccine, just for the heck of it!)
                              An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Working...
                              X