• Show
Clear All

Geek humor

There are 2 hard problems in computing:
    - Caching problems
    - Naming things
    - Off-by-One Errors

source

[chortle]My fav: There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t.[/chortle]

Please Read Me

Comment

My grandson loved it (Probably because he got it immediately)!
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        [chortle]My fav: There are only 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don’t.[/chortle]
        Does anyone remember that my t-shirt with that slogan was featured in a technology textbook?! It was! The authors' representative contacted me and asked for permission to print its photo in their next edition; I agreed; they paid me; and then they paid me again...and again...each time they use it in another edition, I get paid again!
        Last edited by DoYouKubuntu; Jun 12, 2015, 08:35 PM.
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I came across this little beauty once about the index of a programming text book:

Endless Loop : See Loop - Endless
          ----------------------------------------------
          Loop Endless : See Endless Loop
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gerardv View Post
            i came across this little beauty once about the index of a programming text book:

Endless loop : See loop - endless
            ----------------------------------------------
            loop endless : See endless loop
            That made me chuckle.
            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

SteveRiley: Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
                Does anyone remember that my t-shirt with that slogan was featured in a technology textbook?! It was! The authors' representative contacted me and asked for permission to print its photo in their next edition; I agreed; they paid me; and then they paid me again...and again...each time they use it in another edition, I get paid again!
                Do they pay you in '1s' or '0s'?
                Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                  Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
                  Do they pay you in '1s' or '0s'?
                  It's a mix of both of those! And while I won't say exactly how much it is, I'll give a hint: it's NOWHERE close to 11110100001001000000.

Comment

Working...
                  X