This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
    You left out one thing, Steve. What does Post #58 have to do with "The different types of Linux users based on their distributions"? I guess it's Kinda General Kinda Social!
    I was wondering that myself. It appeared out of left field. I had to look at the topic title again to make sure I was in the right room.
    Boot Info Script

Comment

verndog: It appeared out of left field.
      I was thinking the same expression at the time.
      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

In a free market society I'd be using Lotus 123 and WordPerfect on my Compaq tablet running a quad core DEC Alpha CPU. Really, the best one can hope for is to get bought out at the top like Canonical's Shuttleworth. The banksters will keep printing phony bucks and trickling them down to people with more authority than brains.

Oh, that makes me a "disgruntled ex-Winblows user" type of Linux user, for those of you who are context challenged.

Comment

You left out one thing, Steve. What does Post #58 have to do with "The different types of Linux users based on their distributions"? I guess it's Kinda General Kinda Social!
          Originally posted by verndog View Post
          I was wondering that myself. It appeared out of left field. I had to look at the topic title again to make sure I was in the right room.
          Add me to the list. ^ is exactly what I did, too.
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
            In a free market society I'd be using Lotus 123 and WordPerfect on my Compaq tablet running a quad core DEC Alpha CPU.
            What's stopping you from doing that? Surely there are all of those things available out there, somewhere.

Really, the best one can hope for is to get bought out at the top like Canonical's Shuttleworth. The banksters will keep printing phony bucks and trickling them down to people with more authority than brains.

Oh, that makes me a "disgruntled ex-Winblows user" type of Linux user, for those of you who are context challenged.
            Um...okay?
            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post
              In a free market society I'd be using Lotus 123 and WordPerfect on my Compaq tablet running a quad core DEC Alpha CPU.
              Boy, you've totally lost me there. What's "free market" about being 30-40 years behind in development? Sounds more like a communist market to me.

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                Boy, you've totally lost me there. What's "free market" about being 30-40 years behind in development? Sounds more like a communist market to me.

That's what the word "Progressive" means, Oshunluver, setting up a 1930s style economy so everyone has equal outcomes, not opportunities.
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Yeah. And if you want to know how to fold a fitted sheet, try this:

How to Fold a Fitted Sheet in 30 seconds (OCD Experience Way)
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DslWpsTc7SY

It may not do it as perfectly as the more complicated "perfect, corner" methods, but it is quick, and if you pay attention to a few details, you get a good outcome, close enough.
                  An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Btw, in case you're wondering, I thought I'd jump in to this thread, like others, with some random content (though I did use the sheet-folding this afternoon). WTH.

On topic, anyone else here care to share your selfie/pic showing the "Kubuntu" type, please jump in, totally fun, totally optional.

Comment

So she went into the garden to cut a cabbage-leaf to make an apple pie, and at the same time a great she-bear came running up the street and popped its head into the shop. "What! No soap?" So he died, and she -- very imprudently -- married the barber. And there were present the Picninnies, the Joblillies, the Garyulies, and the Grand Panjandrum himself, with the little red button at top, and they all fell to playing the game of catch-as-catch-can till the gunpowder ran out at the heels of their boots.

Also: colorless green ideas sleep furiously.

(fun)
                      (more fun)

Comment

I thought so--exactly how I see it, too. Could extend this to nonsensical but grammatically correct Haiku. Is there no quantum theory of grammar, though the probabilistic may have failed in 1957, why not try it?

Comment

Pink roses are nice, but I prefer purple.

Comment

... Is there no quantum theory of grammar, though the probabilistic may have failed in 1957, why not try it?
                            There is. It was invented by stefani Hawker when she modified matrix brane theory to create the infinite multiverse theory. She says everything that could be written or invented already exists in one of the multiverses, so why bother.
                            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                              There is. It was invented by stefani Hawker when she modified matrix brane theory to create the infinite multiverse theory. She says everything that could be written or invented already exists in one of the multiverses, so why bother.
                              The ideas of Lee Smolin are a counter to such multiverse concepts, which appear to this layman as unscientific. And, hence, nonsense, not even wrong.

Regards, John Little
                              Regards, John Little

Comment

I'm familiar with literature on the multiverse concept. One can not say anything about whether it is valid or not. Not yet, anyway. Not according to leading cosmologists.

Comment

Working...
                                X