Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My God man ,,,,,,,,,,they all look like they could be the person of interest in a episode of "Criminal Minds"
    RUN

VINNY
    and no female Kubuntu-geeks? where's an old-timer (Kubuntu-wise) like MoonRise in all this? Boy, when it's quiet around here, sure gets boring at times, doesn't it!
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

He's here but trust me, you don't want my mug up here!

Comment

Hey MoonRise, to the call of duty! Just happen to think, some people might feel it is a security risk to post personal pics. I'm not exactly sure why that would be, do you? I do notice, though, a lot of people posting pics & selfies nowadays (aside from FB and the like).
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I thought I had broken the thread after I posted my pic - there was a definite pause before someone else jumped in. At least it felt like it.

I used to hate people seeing what I look like, mostly because I don't like how I look, especially being as fat as I am.
          I don't care so much anymore, at least online. I am not a selfie taker by any means.
          I can definitely understand women not posting pictures of themselves, especially in our type of male dominated environments.

There has almost always been a good female presence in the Kubuntu landscape.

Lydia Pintscher, who is now president of KDE was on the Kubuntu council back in the early days,
          Celeste Lyn Paul was also on the council back in the day.

Then there is Myriam Schweingruber
          Valorie Zimmerman is currently on the Kubuntu Council
          Scarlet Clark is a packaging buzzsaw, and iirc works on the ci stuff as well.

I am sure I have missed some....

Comment

What I like about the pics in this thread is the gray/graying hair! I'm glad to see people who look like me...well...except for, you know, the male thing...
            Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

What grey hair? Whatchootalkinaboutwillis?

If you look like us, I feel bad for ya, we be a scary bunch
              Last edited by claydoh; Jun 13, 2015, 11:49 PM.

Comment

What I like about the pics in this thread is the gray/graying hair! I'm glad to see people who look like me
                A gal I've known a long time but haven't seen for a long time (we kissed at age 14 at the dances held at school, small town IL), sent me some pics. I liked her hair color, but couldn't really tell what color her hair is (not gray at age 62, at the time), and our relationship is such that it was OK to ask her. "My hair is always the same color -- it comes out of a bottle!" Fact is, although that's OK by me, I also really think it's sexy to let your hair go natural, gray and all--gray steaks are cool as the hair changes, starting to gray all the way. I mean, if you try to hide signs of aging, we'd all soon end up as the invisible--or the dipped & painted--man/woman, and many people start showing it at an early age, like 50.

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
                  What I like about the pics in this thread is the gray/graying hair! I'm glad to see people who look like me...well...except for, you know, the male thing...
                  Yeah, my hair is getting more like that. Started @ 38. Now 46 it's even more.

Yeah, I kept the time as to when it started.

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                    Hey MoonRise, to the call of duty! Just happen to think, some people might feel it is a security risk to post personal pics. I'm not exactly sure why that would be, do you? I do notice, though, a lot of people posting pics & selfies nowadays (aside from FB and the like).
                    Yeah, I'm going to have to think on that. I've never really liked how I look in pictures.

Comment

Me neither. If you do, I will . Maybe we should drag DYK into this pact ...

Comment

one thing I have noticed , is all in this thread so far are long time members of this forum .
                        and not one of us is a youngun any more ,,,, so drop the vanity or trepidation over appearance and post those picks so we have a good selection of "true" Kubuntu users .

VIVA La Vida Kubuntu

VINNY
                        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                        16GB RAM
                        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

is that the silver bullet just under the monitor "center" ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I like those key's rite behind your head ,,,,,,, I apprenticed as a locksmith for 2 years at one time in my life

VINNY
                          16GB RAM

Comment

Yep, you found the silver bullet, 1 oz, .999 Ag. I was told some of the keys could be old jail house keys (Western USA).

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                              I was told some of the keys could be old jail house keys (Western USA).
                              I was thinking the same thing for the 2 largest of them ,,,and possibly handcuff/restraint for the smaller ones ,,, but hard to see them ,,,,,,,,,

VINNY
                              16GB RAM

Comment

Yeah, the two large ones for jail house, so I was told.

Comment

Working...
                                X