This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
    if the aerator's female threads are so much larger than the faucets male threads that the threads do not even touch ,,,,,you may be abel to take it to lowes/home depot and get an adapter ring that will just be ,,,,a ring sized adapter with female threads inside and male threads outside that you just screw into the aerator and then on to the faucet.

take the aerator with you and the make and model of the faucet .
    however just exactly the part I was referring to ,,,albeit from lowes instead of the manufacture
    No. The adapter that came with each sprayer already did that, i.e., switch the location of the threads from inside to outside. The adapter Pfister sent me actually alters the SIZE of the part of the faucet that connects to the sprayer, i.e., it makes it LARGER. The problem all along was that the part of the faucet that connects to the sprayers was loose inside each sprayer's connection, and the supplied adapters, which changed the threading from male/female, did nothing to change the size.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
      No. The adapter that came with each sprayer already did that, i.e., switch the location of the threads from inside to outside. The adapter Pfister sent me actually alters the SIZE of the part of the faucet that connects to the sprayer, i.e., it makes it LARGER. The problem all along was that the part of the faucet that connects to the sprayers was loose inside each sprayer's connection, and the supplied adapters, which changed the threading from male/female, did nothing to change the size.
      yes ,,,,,,,the Idea I was trying to convey just did not get interpreted by you the way I intended it to by my words .

when I used the word "adapter" I was referring to a size adapter not a thread type adapter ,,,,,,which I thought would have been the obvious conclusion given the situation of the threads not even touching .

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
        yes ,,,,,,,the Idea I was trying to convey just did not get interpreted by you the way I intended it to by my words .

when I used the word "adapter" I was referring to a size adapter not a thread type adapter ,,,,,,which I thought would have been the obvious conclusion given the situation of the threads not even touching .

I see the point you're making. You're right, if taking it in and speaking to someone at a store had been an option, it most likely would've worked out like you said. But since it wasn't an option, it played out as it did. I'm just glad it's resolved now!
        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
        X