This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GerardV View Post
    It does take some getting used to it. But at least the pedal layout is the same.
    I guess having the pedals the same would help, but it just seems like it would be really weird shifting left-handed.

Down Under, we drive on the correct side of the road, as they do in the UK, India, Japan and other important countries.
    They did try to change it here once, starting out with trucks over 10 ton first, but that was not a great success.
    Too funny!
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Not driving on the right side of the road is easy to get used to, easiest is to start by following the car in front .
      And hoping he/she's a local
      I learned it in one of the other important countries, Malaysia.
      Left hand stick shift is a bit more tricky but can be mastered in a few hours.

A different 'get used to' experience is when returning home from a couple of weeks with a US automatic transmission to a normal stick shift.
      Found my car at the airport parking lot (~20,000 cars), got in, drove off to the pay boot and stalled it there because I just used the brake and forgot about the clutch...
      The typically VERY sensitive US-style brake pedal is also something to get used to, the same model in Europe will need more pressure.

Comment

South Africa is another important country.

Here's some info on why some countries started out driving on the left and other (late developing ...) countries started driving on the right.
        Why do some countries drive on the left and others on the right? - World Standards

I have no explanation as to why hot and cold are randomly on the left or the right. Nor why we seem to have so many different light bulb (globe) fittings nowadays.
        I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
          South Africa is another important country.
          No one has mentioned my favorite important country, the United States of America!

Here's some info on why some countries started out driving on the left and other (late developing ...) countries started driving on the right.
          Why do some countries drive on the left and others on the right? - World Standards
          I'm definitely going to give that a look.

I have no explanation as to why hot and cold are randomly on the left or the right. Nor why we seem to have so many different light bulb (globe) fittings nowadays.
          Yeah, and what about other things, like electrical equipment and outlets, or different kinds of DVD?!
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I had a handyman here yesterday to do a couple of projects that were beyond my comfort zone, and while he was here I thought, "oh! testosterone AND handy-dandy! I should have him look at that faucet problem." So I did. I wasn't imagining things--it really doesn't fit.

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
              If I say I HATE beer...will I get booted out of my own thread?!
              There maybe a beer for you.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post

Nope!

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
                  I'm thinking a very funny version of this would be "there's a politician for that"

Comment

So, check this out!

Click image for larger version

Name:	faucet_1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	642971

Here's what happened: After buying a SECOND sprayer--a different style, from a different site--and ending up with the same problem I had with the first one, I decided to contact Pfister. I explained that both sprayers I'd bought, A) were supposed to fit ANY standard US kitchen faucet, and, B) DIDN'T fit my brand-new Pfister faucet! They sent me, at no charge, a little adapter that made all the difference in the world:

Click image for larger version

Name:	faucet_1a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	642972

Now I just need to contact the [first] sprayer's site and tell them to reverse the credit they gave me for it.

I'm happy now!

Comment

Exactly the kind of adapter I referred to in my first post on this ;-)
                      But I doubt that you'll find it packaged with every faucet. Not sure what Moen does, maybe the same as Pfister: you call them first! I'm not shy about calling the 1-800's. Moen is excellent with this sort of thing. Pfister keeps these little things in a certain desk drawer ... you know ...
                      An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                        Exactly the kind of adapter I referred to in my first post on this ;-)
                        Um, not exactly! From that first post:

The maker of the aerator should have supplied an adaptor of sorts. Some products, like, Pur, are good about this. Look in the box the aerator came in, it may be a plastic or metal piece, threaded, an insert sort of thing, an alternate sizing thingy. Of course, Pfister won't be a party to this adventure as they will tell you that you void any warranty with them if you attach things, so don't call them.
                        ...which contradicts today's:

But I doubt that you'll find it packaged with every faucet. Not sure what Moen does, maybe the same as Pfister: you call them first! I'm not shy about calling the 1-800's.
                        (I have nothing better to do right now than be picky, so there you go. )

Anyway, as noted way back when, in response to your original post, the first aerator [and, actually, the second one, too, although I didn't post about it at all] DID come with an adapter, but its only purpose was to change whether the threads were inside or outside. It did NOT modify the size that connects to the aerator.

I'm still stumped as to why Pfister's faucets don't fit these "fits all standard US faucets" aerators out of the box!

Comment

I never got what the aerator's are for. Do they serve a purpose?

Regards, John Little
                          Regards, John Little

Comment

(I have nothing better to do right now than be picky, so there you go. )
                            Ya, ain't that the truth! Actually, I did remember saying that -- but when I saw your new post last night declaring victory with Pfister, I didn't want to bring it up and rain on the parade. And--apparently--Pfister didn't mention to you on the phone that attachments will void all or part of their warranty (it is probably in their written warranty packed with the product). Good warranty w/Pfister, right? Moen has a lifetime warranty jlttle has a point! After all this hoopla, what does the aerater do except introduce ... air?
                            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
                              I never got what the aerator's are for. Do they serve a purpose?
                              Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                              Ya, ain't that the truth! Actually, I did remember saying that -- but when I saw your new post last night declaring victory with Pfister, I didn't want to bring it up and rain on the parade. And--apparently--Pfister didn't mention to you on the phone that attachments will void all or part of their warranty (it is probably in their written warranty packed with the product). Good warranty w/Pfister, right?
                              No, it won't void the lifetime warranty. It's not physically altering anything about the faucet. It just screws on in place of the original part that was in that location. Simply removing it and replacing the original part puts it back to its original condition.

After all this hoopla, what does the aerater do except introduce ... air?
                              It adds functionality the original faucet lacks. It lets you choose from an aerated stream of water or a spray, and its flexible neck lets you direct the water to all parts of the sink.

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                                if the aerator's female threads are so much larger than the faucets male threads that the threads do not even touch ,,,,,you may be abel to take it to lowes/home depot and get an adapter ring that will just be ,,,,a ring sized adapter with female threads inside and male threads outside that you just screw into the aerator and then on to the faucet.

take the aerator with you and the make and model of the faucet .

VINNY
                                however just exactly the part I was referring to ,,,albeit from lowes instead of the manufacture

VINNY
                                Last edited by vinnywright; Jul 23, 2015, 05:41 PM.
                                i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                                16GB RAM
                                Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
                                X