Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me bring you a very late addition to this thread, it's a sort of tap/faucet/ idiot contraption that AFAIK only can exist in British hotels.

It burns your right hand while freezing the left.

Click image for larger version

Name:	img_2017k.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	642883

It is a moron that designed it and a total tool that buys it.
    Simply counting these taps there are many tools in that country....

Comment

That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

Comment

That would make sense if it were in a kitchenette. Hot for tea and cold for drinks.
        Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
          That is the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
          Uhhh, you should get out more.

While that is unarguably a very stupid thing, it can't be the stupidest thing you've ever seen. For example: How long has it been since someone drove through your fence!

On the plus side to the above referred plumbing device: You could wash your your hands in hot water while simultaneously pouring yourself a glass of cold water...

...very carefully, of course.

Please Read Me

Comment

BTW, patiently waiting for Feathers and Nickstone to chime in on the "tools" remark...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
              How long has it been since someone drove through your fence!
              Three years, in fact. The car was going so fast that it plowed right through the fence and struck the building in front of mine. The headlights from the car, now being mere inches away and no longer burdened by a wall, provided more than adequate illumination for the two individuals fornicating in the first floor bedroom.

Comment

Wow, what an exciting night! Photos? LOL

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
                  Let me bring you a very late addition to this thread, it's a sort of tap/faucet/ idiot contraption that AFAIK only can exist in British hotels.

It burns your right hand while freezing the left.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6067[/ATTACH]

It is a moron that designed it and a total tool that buys it.
                  Simply counting these taps there are many tools in that country....
                  Wow. What an IDIOTIC thing! I can't even find words to describe how STUPID I think that is.

BTW, why is everything reversed on that side of the pond? Hot water on the right? Weird!
                  Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Wow, what an exciting night! Photos? LOL
                    I wish.

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
                    BTW, why is everything reversed on that side of the pond? Hot water on the right? Weird!
                    They drive on the wrong side of the road -- so what do you expect, normalcy?

Comment

BTW, patiently waiting for Feathers and Nickstone to chime in on the "tools" remark...
                      Don't tie 'that country' with a nationality, this particular picture was taken in a hotel in Montrose, Scotland and when I went looking for the hotel manager to ask for clarification I ran into the Dutch owner...
                      Yes, stupidity knows no borders

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                        They drive on the wrong side of the road -- so what do you expect, normalcy?
                        They don't just DRIVE on the wrong side of the road, they even put the DRIVER on the wrong side of the car!

As a person who chooses to only drive vehicles with manual transmissions, I always wonder how weird it must be to work the stick shift with your left hand.
                        Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

I always wonder how weird it must be to work the stick shift with your left hand.
                          It does take some getting used to it. But at least the pedal layout is the same. Down Under, we drive on the correct side of the road, as they do in the UK, India, Japan and other important countries.
                          They did try to change it here once, starting out with trucks over 10 ton first, but that was not a great success.
                          sigpic

Comment

DYK: As a person who chooses to only drive vehicles with manual transmissions,...
                            Ha! Me, too, preferred 5-speed Toyotas, until I hit about 60, gave in and bought a Honda Civic with automatic trans. As you age, even in good, strong, healthy shape, sh*t happens, often. It doesn't take cancer or dreadful RA or a broken limb or hand. All it takes is a mis-step or getting out of bed wrong, twist something, pull a tendon in feet or hands, and shifting a car becomes an inconvenience, even painful. Or emerging from various medical procedures: much easier, less stressful to have an automatic to drive home. Fact is, they are making even compact cars like the Corolla and Civic with more power now, so you get a good feel, even at low-end torque speeds with an automatic. More fun, though, to drive a 5-speed.
                            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I always wonder how weird it must be to work the stick shift with your left hand.
                              It's definitely a different, uh, rhythm, fer sher...

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                                Ha! Me, too, preferred 5-speed Toyotas
                                Same here! I've owned nothing but Toyotas since 1985. My first was a Toyota truck, with a 4-speed manual transmission. Then I progressed through multiple RAV4s, each with a 5-speed manual transmission. I was planning on buying yet another RAV4, but they stopped offering it with stick shifts, so I've pledged to keep my current one until it disintegrates. (Of course, being a Toyota, it has never had anything mechanically wrong with it. Oh...wait...I DID have to replace the pad on the clutch pedal once...)

until I hit about 60, gave in and bought a Honda Civic with automatic trans. As you age, even in good, strong, healthy shape, sh*t happens, often. It doesn't take cancer or dreadful RA or a broken limb or hand. All it takes is a mis-step or getting out of bed wrong, twist something, pull a tendon in feet or hands, and shifting a car becomes an inconvenience, even painful. Or emerging from various medical procedures: much easier, less stressful to have an automatic to drive home.
                                Honestly, I've seen some glimpses of that myself, but I can't bring myself--yet--to think of dumping my beloved stick shifts. In fact, I've been planning on buying the revamped Mazda M5 Miata, with a 6-speed stick, when it's available as I want it (no leather, convertible hard top). But...we'll see...

Fact is, they are making even compact cars like the Corolla and Civic with more power now, so you get a good feel, even at low-end torque speeds with an automatic. More fun, though, to drive a 5-speed.
                                Definitely more fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X