This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoWorries View Post
    Glad you got your system back after being wily with Wily. I think that you might have struck a problem with the repositories being update from Plasma 5.3.95 to 5.4. My system has been updated today with many packages from 5.3.95 to 5.4. I get the impression that this is work in progress as the KInfoCenter is still showing the KDE Plasma Version as 5.3.95.
    yes we have a mix of plasma 5.4 & 5.3..95 at the moment .

Code:
            [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ dpkg -l | grep plasma [/COLOR]
    ii  kdeconnect-[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]                             0.0+git20150810-0ubuntu1                   amd64      [/COLOR]
      connect smartphones to your KDE Plasma desktop 
    ii  kde[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-addons-data                         4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           all        [/COLOR]
      locale files for kde[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-addons [/COLOR]
    ii  libkdeclarative5                              4:4.14.6-4~ubuntu6                         amd64      
      declarative library for [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR]
    ii  libkf5[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]5:amd64                           5.13.0-0ubuntu1                            amd64      [/COLOR]
      Plasma Runtime components 
    ii  libkf5[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]quick5:amd64                      5.13.0-0ubuntu1                            amd64      [/COLOR]
    ii  lib[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-geolocation-interface5              4:5.3.95-0ubuntu1                          amd64      [/COLOR]
      Plasma Workspace for KF5 library 
    ii  lib[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]3                                    4:4.14.6-4~ubuntu6                         amd64      [/COLOR]
      Plasma Library for the KDE Platform 
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-dataengines-addons                     4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
      additional data engines for Plasma 
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-desktop                                4:5.3.95-0ubuntu1                          amd64      [/COLOR]
      Tools and widgets for the desktop 
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-desktop-data                           4:5.3.95-0ubuntu1                          all        [/COLOR]
      Tools and widgets for the desktop data files 
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-framework                              5.13.0-0ubuntu1                            amd64      [/COLOR]
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-nm                                     4:5.3.95-0ubuntu1                          amd64      [/COLOR]
      Plasma5 networkmanager library. 
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-pa                                     4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
      Plasma 5 Volume controller 
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-runners-addons                         4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
      additional runners for Plasma 5 and Krunner 
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-scriptengine-javascript                4:15.07.90-0ubuntu1                        amd64      [/COLOR]
      JavaScript script engine for Plasma 
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-wallpapers-addons                      4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
      additional wallpaper plugins for Plasma 5 
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-widget-kimpanel                        4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
      KIMPanel widget for Plasma 
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-widgets-addons                         4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
      additional widgets for Plasma 5 
    ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-workspace                              4:5.3.95-0ubuntu1                          amd64      [/COLOR]
      Plasma Workspace for KF5

[/FONT]
    VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
      like the new launcher ,,,,,,,kinda

VINNY
      I also kinda like it BUT, I found that I cannot drag an application from it to any other place on the desktop. For single click launching of my favourite applications, I prefer to have them in an Empty Panel. Currently, the Application Launcher is the only one that provides the ability to drag an application to an Empty Panel. The Application Dashboard is certainly faster to navigate through applications than the Application Launcher.

I am patiently waiting to see if Plasma 5 provides better and working options for an Empty Panel. On my system, an Empty Panel cannot be made Auto Hide. The option can be selected but it doesn't work.

Comment

I Installed 15.10 beta yesterday and still trying to find my way around a bit. But so far like what I've seen. Only thing I can't figure out is in dolphin when you right click under create new there no entry for creating a new file folder.
        Dave Kubuntu 20.04 Registered Linux User #462608

Wireless Script: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...5#post12350385

Comment

F10 can be used in Dolphin to create a new folder.

Comment

Originally posted by kc1di View Post
            I Installed 15.10 beta yesterday and still trying to find my way around a bit. But so far like what I've seen. Only thing I can't figure out is in dolphin when you right click under create new there no entry for creating a new file folder.
            strange ........I have that option .

are you fuly up to date ,,,,,have you ran
            Code:
            sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
            sence installing ?

VINNY
            16GB RAM

Comment

like the new launcher ,,,,,,,kinda

VINNY
              Is that launcher full screen? Not sure I'm going to like that but I'll wait until I've tried before whinging about it properly
              If you're sitting wondering,
              Which Batman is the best,
              There's only one true answer my friend,
              It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
                Is that launcher full screen? Not sure I'm going to like that but I'll wait until I've tried before whinging about it properly
                yes

vinny
                16GB RAM

Comment

almost all plasma-5.4 @now after 101-updates this afternoon .................................................. ....

Code:
                          [FONT=monospace][COLOR=#000000]vinny@vinny-Bonobo-Extreme:~$ dpkg -l | grep plasma [/COLOR]
                  ii  kdeconnect-[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]                             0.0+git20150810-0ubuntu1                   amd64      [/COLOR]
                    connect smartphones to your KDE Plasma desktop 
                  ii  kde[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-addons-data                         4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           all        [/COLOR]
                    locale files for kde[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-addons [/COLOR]
                  ii  libkdeclarative5                              4:4.14.11-0ubuntu2                         amd64      
                    declarative library for [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR]
                  ii  libkf5[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]5:amd64                           5.13.0-0ubuntu1                            amd64      [/COLOR]
                  ii  libkf5[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]quick5:amd64                      5.13.0-0ubuntu1                            amd64      [/COLOR]
                  ii  lib[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-geolocation-interface5              4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
                    Plasma Workspace for KF5 library 
                  ii  lib[COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]3                                    4:4.14.11-0ubuntu2                         amd64      [/COLOR]
                    Plasma Library for the KDE Platform 
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-dataengines-addons                     4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
                    additional data engines for Plasma 
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-desktop                                4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
                    Tools and widgets for the desktop 
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-desktop-data                           4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           all        [/COLOR]
                    Tools and widgets for the desktop data files 
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-framework                              5.13.0-0ubuntu1                            amd64      [/COLOR]
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-nm                                     4:5.3.95-0ubuntu1                          amd64      [/COLOR]
                    Plasma5 networkmanager library. 
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-pa                                     4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
                    Plasma 5 Volume controller 
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-runners-addons                         4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
                    additional runners for Plasma 5 and Krunner 
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-scriptengine-javascript                4:15.08.0-0ubuntu2                         amd64      [/COLOR]
                    JavaScript script engine for Plasma 
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-wallpapers-addons                      4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
                    additional wallpaper plugins for Plasma 5 
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-widget-kimpanel                        4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
                    KIMPanel widget for Plasma 
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-widgets-addons                         4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
                    additional widgets for Plasma 5 
                  ii  [COLOR=#ff5454][B]plasma[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]-workspace                              4:5.4.0-0ubuntu1                           amd64      [/COLOR]
                    Plasma Workspace for KF5

[/FONT]
                  unfortunately my hacked sddm and splash backgrounds are back to breeze,,,,,,,,,,,,,, sigh ,,,, simple to change back though .

VINNY
                  Last edited by vinnywright; Sep 01, 2015, 02:34 PM.
                  16GB RAM

Comment

yes

vinny
                    It doesn't w̶o̶r̶k̶ behave like the Windows 8 travesty does it?
                    How does it handle multiple monitors?

I don't want to update to a beta, but I want to know how it works
                    It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

give me an hour or so and I'll do a screencast of it .

and test multi monitor ,,,,I assume it will stay on the primary screen.

VINNY
                      16GB RAM

Comment

OK then ,,,,,hears a screencast

https://youtu.be/6v8JOv-eFno

and hooking a second monitor up still leaves it on the primary ,,,,,second monitor had no wallpaper however ,,,did not try to set one ,,, should have sory.

VINNY
                        16GB RAM

Comment

That looks good and seems to work quite nicely. I can't see a reputation or thank button anywhere so I'll just say thank you for taking the time to do that.
                          It's Adam Bloody West!

Comment

Originally posted by elijathegold View Post
                            That looks good and seems to work quite nicely. I can't see a reputation or thank button anywhere so I'll just say thank you for taking the time to do that.
                            your welcome ,,,,,,,,I geek for fun

VINNY
                            16GB RAM

Comment

by the way every one conky is not recognizing "pre_exec" in 15.10 ?

conky: unknown variable '$pre_exec'

used like
                              Code:
                              Release: $alignr${pre_exec lsb_release -rs | awk '{print $1}'}
                              VINNY
                              Last edited by vinnywright; Sep 01, 2015, 05:53 PM.
                              16GB RAM

Comment

OK then ,,,,,hears a screencast

https://youtu.be/6v8JOv-eFno

and hooking a second monitor up still leaves it on the primary ,,,,,second monitor had no wallpaper however ,,,did not try to set one ,,, should have sory.

VINNY
                                On my second monitor I have an ever changing wallpaper, ie. every 5 minutes. I decided to put the launcher at the top right of this 2nd desktop as shown below in a section of my desktop.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2nd_Desktop.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	643018

When I launch it from there, the Application Dashboard is on that monitor. I must say that I am taking a little time to get used to it as I had some difficulty locating KSnapshop which had a different description under it. I have now changed the "Show applications as" to "Name only" as this is what I am used to seeing when using the Application Launcher.
                                Last edited by NoWorries; Sep 01, 2015, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X