This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't remember the name of a game

I had this game installed on my computer for a long time, but had to do a clean install recently, and now I can't remember or find the name of this game! I'm hoping someone can help me? It's a team-based first-person shooter, with aliens on one side and human marines on the other. And it had RTS elements too because you could build defences and things. The marines could upgrade their equipment, and the aliens could "evolve" to bigger and more dangerous types. I've tried everything I can think of to search for it both in the repositories (where it used to be) and on the internet, but no luck.
    -Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.

Alien arena ?

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

No, I think it had one of those hard to remember names, like Nexuiz and Xonotic, but not those. A.A. is fun though.

Comment

Found it finally! It's called Tremulous, and I guess it's out of the repos now, which is sad. I guess because it looks like they haven't had a new version in a couple of years. At least I can still d/l it. Fun game, but hard.

Comment

good game Murdoc

woodhastheattentionspanofagnatsmoke

Comment

Yeah except now I can't get it to work! So disappointing.

Comment

Good news - Tremulous is not dead, just (in typical open-source fashion) forked:
              It is a fork of the well known Tremulous open source, team-based first-person shooter/real-time strategy video game created by Dark Legion Development and based on the powerful and unbeatable ioquake3 game engine.
              There's a new version just released - Alpha 38. You can download the game from the link above. I've also reached out to the Playdeb guys to see if the game could be added. Looks fun, and it's good to see the game is still actively being developed.
              ​"Keep it between the ditches"
              K*Digest Blog
              K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Working...
              X