This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GerardV View Post
    Here in Australia, a former Queensland... still don't observe daylight saving
    Being sub-tropical and tropical, a day's length doesn't change much through the year, so you wouldn't save any daylight. Nice story, though, fits well with the stereotypical Queensland premier.

Regards, John Little
    Regards, John Little

Comment

I used to hate daylight saving here in NZ (I'm most definitely not a morning person! ) but now that I'm working odd hours (1.30 a.m. start) and I go to bed when everyone else is getting up I don't have a problem with it.

On the Rapture (so called) Bible Students don't believe in the generally held belief as espoused by some. The events described in 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 cover a much greater period in time than many think it does.
      Last edited by Rod J; Mar 16, 2015, 07:27 PM. Reason: typo
      Desktop PC: Intel Core-i5-4670 3.40Ghz, 16Gb Crucial ram, Asus H97-Plus MB, 128Gb Crucial SSD + 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 HDD running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS and Kubuntu 14.04 LTS (on SSD).
      Laptop: HP EliteBook 8460p Core-i5-2540M, 4Gb ram, Transcend 120Gb SSD, currently running Deepin 15.8 and Manjaro KDE 18.

Comment

My grand dad..........a full blood Algonquin ........used to say......it was a quote from a drunk shaman..........

"Only the white man will cut one end off a blanket , sew it on the other end of the blanket.......and say that the blanket is shorter"..

He also used to race "sulkies" because the white guys were stupid. lol

(this has now become a facebook meme),,,,,,,,,,,lol

just sayin'

woodstillhashisgrqandmothersblanketsmoke

Comment

Working...
        X