X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You've been left behind

http://www.youvebeenleftbehind.com/

Bwhahaha I can't believe this site is still up -- I was trashing them in public presentations years ago. Give them your most secret and valuable documents, your financial information, your passwords. If three of five of their staff fail to log in after a six day period, they will release your information via email to those you specify. Presumably the Rapture will have occurred at this point and you -- good Christian -- have been scooped into Heaven. You don't need that stuff any more, so let your sinful kin revel with your now worthless worldly goods. Oh, be sure to include a heartfelt note encouraging them, one last time, to give their lives over to the Lord. It's not too late!

But, what if the creators of this site aren't so squeaky clean? What if they take advantage of your personal information for their own private gain before the Rapture? Also, this site is a prime target for attackers looking to steal that stuff, too.

Alternately, let some atheists take care of delivery for you: http://www.postrapturepost.com/

250MB?!

"Write your own documents or choose from some of ours"?

A 6-day denial of service attack would be a real problem for this lot.

Edit: some of the comments on that second site are brilliant
    Last edited by Feathers McGraw; Mar 15, 2015, 04:11 AM.
    samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Bummer - I thought this was going to be an epic rant about daylight savings time.

Comment

I was not aware their would be a second chance to repent after the rapture .
        ..........if so would not every one just do it ,,,without the emailed encouragement of "saved" loved ones?

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
          I was not aware their would be a second chance to repent after the rapture .
          ..........if so would not every one just do it ,,,without the emailed encouragement of "saved" loved ones?

VINNY
          I had the same thought, if everyone literally got raptured up that would be pretty convincing evidence, so I don't think there would be many people left not believing.
          samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

OR Maybeeee......

The Rapture already happened and Nobody left!!
            Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
            "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
              OR Maybeeee......

The Rapture already happened and Nobody left!!
              That probably is the true extent of it!

Comment

Well, the Christian Right of the likes of Scott Walker sure as hell wouldn't make it, advocating a $7.25/hr wage being a living wage ...

What? Who says so?!
                An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

We Wisconsinites have to deal with Mr. Walker. > All I know is, he's definitely not Catholic. As to a rapture, we Catholics believe " in a rapture only in the sense of a general final resurrection, when Christ returns a single time." We "do not believe that a group of people is left behind on earth for an extended Tribulation period after the events of 1 Thessalonians 4:17." (quoted from Wikipedia article on Rapture).
                  The unjust distribution of goods persists, creating a situation of social sin that cries out to Heaven and limits the possibilities of a fuller life for so many of our brothers. -- Archbishop Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Buenos Aires (now Pope Francis)

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?client...utf-8&oe=utf-8

He's one dangerous idiot-man, and he's not the only one.
                    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by Qqmike View Post
                      Well, the Christian Right of the likes of Scott Walker sure as hell wouldn't make it, advocating a $7.25/hr wage being a living wage ...

What? Who says so?!
                      ya ,,,,,,,$7.25/hr is barely enough to eat and keep the lights on , let alone pay rent/mortgage and keep a car on the road

I know I had to do it for a year or so .

VINNY
                      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                      16GB RAM
                      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by ronw View Post
                        Bummer - I thought this was going to be an epic rant about daylight savings time.
                        Last Week Tonight's "How Is This Still a Thing?" segment is far superior to anything I might write!

Comment

Well, I like daylight saving; humans are most active and alert in the early evening; the early morning is too cold. Studies have measured the lives saved by having the commute home in daylight. Mind you, here in NZ we start and stop on vaguely rational dates, roughly six months apart, not like the November to March in the US.
                          Regards, John Little

Comment

I hate DST. If they just split the difference and leave everything at that without having to turn forward or back the clock we'd all be better.

Comment

Here in Australia, a former Queensland premier thought the sun shone out of his backside and declared that he "was not going to get up an hour earlier for any bastard". They still don't observe daylight saving
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X