This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

XFCE 4,12 has been released

This is really a message to Mr Steve Riley to prove that XFCE is still being developed. A few times I had read on these forums that Mr Steve Riley has stated that development of XFCE had stalled due to no activity on their web site.

The following are details of the new release and even an explanation from the developers as to why XFCE takes so long to release a new version.

This long period can only be explained by how awesome Xfce 4.10 was. But as all things, it needed some refreshing - and for that we saw lots of new contributors providing valuable feedback, features and bugfixes. As always, Xfce follows its steady pace of evolution without revolution that seems to match our users' needs.
    You see, the XFCE developers don't feel the need to release a new version every so many months like Gnome and KDE developers do.

XFCE is a very stable and robust desktop environment. Compare it to KDE and see how stable it is.

Here is the link to the full press release of XFCE 4.12 -> http://www.xfce.org/about/news/?post=1425081600

Actually nice to hear!

Comment

Yup, I saw the articles in Phoronix. I stand corrected.

Comment

Working...
      X