This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow response from code.jquery.com

In the last two weeks (roughly) I've seen a fairly consistent problem (slow or no response) with sites which use code from code.jquery.com. It is not occurring absolutely every time, but on the order of 50%, for some sites.

The effect is effective failure to retrieve/transfer data from that url (code.jquery.com).

For example, right now these sites are hung while trying to access the jquery server at that url.

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/
    http://www.offgridquest.com/

These are not the only sites displaying this slow behavior. Note that I have fast access to other sites, so the problem does not appear to be on my end.

Does anyone else see this?
    Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.3, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Both open quick; a few seconds.

Comment

Thanks ronw, still slow on my side.
      Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.9.3, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Perhaps your DNS server is slow. Where are you obtaining DNS from? Try changing to 4.2.2.1 (primary) / 4.2.2.2 (secondary) and restart your PC. Then visit those pages. Any difference?

4.2.2.1..6 are public nameservers managed by Level 3 and are typically very fast. Level3 is one of seven Tier 1 providers that make up the Internet backbone. Their servers should be only one or two peering points away from your ISP (for those in the United States).

Comment

SteveRiley, Thanks for the suggestion. Of course now my speed for the two example sites is back up to "normal" so the test would not reveal anything. Since it is a recurring problem, I'll wait until the speed drops again and test your idea. I'll report back after the test.

Comment

Testing with hard coded DNS primary/secondary IP's
            No change in speed, the data from code.jquery.com, on those two sites, is just very, very slow to download... but only intermittently.
            This is not a show-stopper for me, since it only happens on sites which link code from code.jquery.com.
            I wondered if anyone else was seeing this issue. It could be a factor of my ISP speed which is limited to about 20kb/sec (I know, that is painfully slow, but it is what it is...)
            Thanks for your help and we can let this thread die.

Comment

Working...
            X