• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Makulu Linux with KDE

What do you think of this?

Compiz? meh
    Theme? meh
    Menu? meh
    That is just me. Themes and options are user choices, and can easily be changed to suit one's needs. I personally would have to change too may things to fit my own tastes.

The real question is, what do you think of it?
    What do you like or not like about it? What makes it special? What sets it apart from the others out there?

Comment

I think he's from South Africa! I also think he could have, um so ja, taken a few minutes to edit the video

KDE with Compiz, interesting. But I couldn't gather what the main purpose of the distro is.
      I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

Comment

Ever since I discovered Makulu Linux I've been thinking about installing it because it was based upon Debian testing, however after listening to this video I think I hear the guy say that this edition of makulu with KDE was based upon Ubuntu.

And just like Claydoh, I too am not very keen on compiz as a window manager, I mean I could do without the flashy effects. I just think compiz is just "bloatware" for the operating system.

Also the first time I tried Makulu Linux it was using a live CD which had Enlightenment (E17) and I loved how it was set up, but looking on the web site he has stopped using Enlightenment. The thing I like about Enlightenment is that it is a lightweight window manager and how it looks.

Comment

if I want compiz I can install it ,,,,,the rest just looks like theming and programs ,,,,,all of witch I can have right hear if I like .

nice work ,,,but I like it hear

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

LOL

The whole thing about the menu "in screen" is really rather reminsicent of #! but more........well...........average user person accessible not "geeky guy thing"......which is A GOOD THING!!

The whole introduction with the cubes sliding around...........

My boy and I actually made a "Rubic's cube" wherein each one of the faces was a cube and the cube was the different apps....and the cube was on the desktop.........and my Calypso interface........accessed the cube......which was a pusating golden....orb...........shades of............ Q ..........BEFORE Q EXISTED!! in the non-localized spece-time continuum!! lol

lol...........lol

just amazing..........the U.S. military tried it as an interface for firecontrol in tanks........Google tried it as a controller for the google maps camera vehicles and a telepony company in FRANCE.......tried it as a phone menu system.....

but........the cognoscenti of Linux would not even look at it because my website was "too lurid"....

but.......hey...........I applaud what they are trying to do!!

thanks again Nick

woodappreciativesmoke
            Last edited by woodsmoke; Feb 02, 2015, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X