This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A truly different way to "make bacon" really

This is not a quick throw the bacon in the pan, shave or fluff your hair, get some coffee and out the door.

It is more leisurly, harkening back to another era, visit with the better half, look out the window watching the birdies sipping some kind of favourite morning beveridge.

It does take some time, for me about 8 to 10 minutes but it DOES work!

It provides...really, a very nice, pleasant bacon that has properties of both "crisp" and "chewy" as opposed to obsessively watching to avoid either little bits in your teeth or sloppy greasy.

And it provides a small amount of clarified, rendered, fat which some folks like to use in antique recipes.

Again, it does take some time.

I have settled on just a plain non-stick inexpensive pan on one burner while doing other stuff on another burner,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5187367.html

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Jan 24, 2015, 07:31 PM.

A truly different way to "make bacon" really

Interesting. That reminds me of my rib recipe. I boil the ribs before I BBQ until the meat pulls back from the bone about one eighth to a quarter of an inch. Then I baste them and put them on the grill. The rib meat is tender and comes off the bone easy.

My wife puts water in the pan when she makes pork chops.
    sigpic

Comment

lol......life of reilly.......your better half and I should get together.......I use the recipes from my sainted mother from the thirties.....and then you and I dredge up an iced beer from the cooler!! Just wish one of those gawgeous women in an A-Line dress was there for me....instead of...your friends....but....hey.........yeah........I'll bring the beer!!!

Comment

Working...
      X