X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all ... again

Hi KFNers!

Looks like it's been a little while since I last posted. How is everyone?

I've moved country and got a new job and then moved house and now I'm looking for a new job again. But I'm still using Kubuntu!

... In fact I'm still using 12.04. It just works. I started installing 14.04 in another partition mid last year but got distracted with other computer stuff.

Joe
    I'd rather be locked out than locked in.

well hello joe .......we remember you (that is me,myself and I)

WoW what a bunch of moving ,,,, hope you find a job soon and can relax a wile .

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Welcome back. I remember your avatar. Don't be a stranger.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Howdy ... Again!

14.04 is awesome too!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hello, Hello, Hello
          (What's all this then)

I'm thinking of going for 14.04 LTS. Assuming that I won't suddenly get back into regular upgrading. Anything significantly better in 14.10 standard?

And ... what's the feeling about Plasma 5?

Comment

A general, brief overview of 14.04:
            http://www.kubuntu.org/news/kubuntu-14.04

I have both 12.04 and 14.04 installed, the latter seems "better," smoother, cleaner, slicker ... whatever all that means!
            An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              Howdy ... Again!

14.04 is awesome too!
              Upgrading to new stuff used to be fun. So did running a mile everyday. Now I couldn't if I wanted to.
              I use the LTS release so that I don't have to upgrade so often.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hi

I agree, I think there was a major improvement in between 12.04 and 14.04. No one big thing, but lots of small "look and feel" improvements, and a bit more stability too.
                samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by SecretCode View Post
                  Hi KFNers!

e and now I'm looking for a new job again

Joe
                  Hi my man!

Hie thee to Austin TX, or TX in general, a veritable LAVAbed of Linux employment, last time I checked, on the order of 250 jobs at way more than top scale.
                  And...........work it right, and I'll buy drinkys at the Continental Club, the best dive in the south of my fave and where who know how many singers got their start.......and sittin' round the bar........ mostly white, a few gray and black hats even a few deckers! lol......I mean what goes on on 6th street stays on 6th!...but for that kind of jack what do ya expect! lol

woodyadon'tknowfoodtruckstilyoudoaustinfoodtrucksl olsmoke

Comment

Hi......................................woodsmoke ........................

Comment

Working...
                    X