Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"LettersFall"-Please Help Test HTML5 Engine!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

We are working hard on our SDL 1.2 to HTML5/JS port of our word game "LettersFall".
    We were hoping some people here could help test our finished HTML5 2-D video game engine?
    Game itself is not done, but the HTML5 engine is done so we were looking for people to help test it.

You can always get the latest version of "LettersFall" HTML5 at the following official website URL:
    http://lettersfall.com
    (everything is done except the playing game screen and new high score name input screen)

Game should be working on any Windows®, Mac OS X®, or Linux desktop or notebook.
    After you finish testing just post a reply to this forum posting and say your O.S. and Internet browser you used.
    Thanks!

P.S. - Game should be 100% completed in about 2 weeks - We will be releasing the entire game source at that time!

JeZxLee

On Firefox, I dont allow cookies and so it doesnt load. Unfortunately it fails very ungracefully with a long error message telling me to use Firefox or Chrome and to enable Javascript and cookies. This mesage is only displayed for a few seconds and then it tries to load again.

On Chrome with cookies allowed, it loads, but when I click Play, nothing happens. The flashing Loading Now thing is seizure enducing.

Kubuntu 14.10

Comment

Firefox> open page,,,blank white screen for about 10-20 seconds then text of HTML5 use firefox or chrome cookes java ,, 10 more seconds get loading screen with percent loaded counting up , page asking if you want audio or not selected "not" , game first page comes up , clicking start page blinks out and back ,dose not start , but you did say it was not done yet

Chrome> same as firefox but with out the "use firefox or chrome part.

Konqueror(webkit engine) same but no white screen and use firefox or chrome starts directly from loading screen

VINNY

PS: the OS was Kubuntu-14.04
      Last edited by vinnywright; Jan 17, 2015, 11:24 PM. Reason: added OS
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Same as for Vinney, I like the music it is reminiscent of the old ^-64 FPS about the guy flying across the landscape shooting a dingus at a different faces and then a Chineese dragon to level up - Space Harrier"

I would note that with multiple tabs open in FF that when one changes tabs the music stops and then restarts when one goes back.

I would pay cash to have a port of Space Harrier (C-64 version different platforms took different approaches and had different music, the C-64 had all thoise voices in SID so the music was really great).

Just to listen to the music!

Keep on goin!

woodsmoke

Comment

All game menus and options and music work well with Opera beta 27.

Comment

Stuck at 83% on rekonq.

Comment

Loads completely on Firefox Developer Edition 37.0a2 (2015-01-16) Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu canonical - 1.0

But, once on the main menu page, clicking on Start just returns me to the main menu page. Other choices work.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Worked fine here on FireFox. Kubuntu 14.04, FF 34.0 with Java and Cookies enabled.

On the Exit button, did you intend to close the TAB? Currently does nothing from main menu.

Comment

My run was similar to Vinny's, the text about cookies and javascript appeared for a disconcertingly long time, given that cookies and js were enabled.

On the options screen the choice of music didn't work properly; there's some interaction in the logic of the two music related options which was confusing.
                  Regards, John Little

Comment

Firefox 35.0, displays message about needing cookies and java for a few seconds, then loads anyway. Can click the start button, but it will not start. Possibly due to earlier warning about java. All of the other buttons work, except exit. Can change all options in options except music track, it stays at random. Have not tested on my windows 7 machine, but will do that. Looks like a good candidate to possibly port to android as well

Comment

"message about needing cookies and java for a few seconds"

I think that was intended as a general message that you have to have those in order for it to work though I think as noted by everyone here it really should only show if either one of those items aren't enabled. My take on it.

Comment

The only gripe I might have is the resolution. Looks a little blurry on my 1920x1080 24" monitor at full screen.

Please Read Me

Comment

Hi,

Thanks to all who have tested!

This was a test of the game engine which seems to be operating 100%.
                          As mentioned earlier the playing game screen and new high score name input screen are not done yet.
                          (so [START!] on main title screen still does nothing)

I've added everyone's name to the staff credits who helped us test!
                          Thanks again, game will be 100% finished in about 2 weeks...

JeZxLee

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright View Post
                            Firefox> open page,,,blank white screen for about 10-20 seconds then text of HTML5 use firefox or chrome cookes java ,, 10 more seconds get loading screen with percent loaded counting up , page asking if you want audio or not selected "not" , game first page comes up , clicking start page blinks out and back ,dose not start , but you did say it was not done yet

Chrome> same as firefox but with out the "use firefox or chrome part.

Konqueror(webkit engine) same but no white screen and use firefox or chrome starts directly from loading screen

VINNY

PS: the OS was Kubuntu-14.04
                            Same as this
                            Only tested Chrome and Konqueror
                            Kubuntu 14.04
                            kubuntu 20.10

Comment

Hi,

We are working on the playing game screen now.
                              Should have something playable later this week!

And yes I am on Xubuntu 14.04 L.T.S. 64Bit.
                              Using my slow thin client with Xubuntu for HTML5 game engine performance testing...
                              (I still prefer Kubuntu)

JeZxLee

Comment

Working...
                              X