This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    sigh... If our Congress had only a fraction of their foresight...
    Or the guts to fund and encourage strong regulatory enforcement by the FCC. After the Comcast + Time Warner merger completes, I predict prices will rise dramatically and network expansion will slow to a crawl. When you're the incumbent cable company in 90% of households and there's no competition, your only incentive is to rake in the cash from captive customers. Former cable and wireless industry lobbyist Tom Wheeler, current chair of the FCC, is beholden only to his compatriots in the cable and telco firms.

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    I don't know eough about Gnome to know what version I'm running in Fedora. It doesn't look like the old Gnome desktop. It has "Activity" in the upper left corner as the connection to apps, and in the upper right corner a click there gets you a box with several options, including sound, internet, log out and power down. It just says "Gnome" in the lower right corner.
    That's the GNOME Shell, the desktop in GNOME 3. I'm glad to see that it's now working in virtual machines, nice.

Comment

But, as long as they are given free money, phones, EBT's, rent subsidies, food subsidies and such people continue to vote for them.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X