This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Angry man rants about phones

Randall Ross is one of Ubuntu's "community managers." (What an odd title.) He is also, apparently, a real sourpuss. He's rage-writing a whole series on why smartphones aren't smart.
    • Reason #1: phones and cars are lethal.
    • Reason #2: bus passengers answer callers who ask "Where are you?"
    • Reason #3: phones still operate in cinemas.
    • Reason #4: people next to each other use phones.
    • Reason #5: butt-dialing happens.

What a curmudgeon. Of course, in each post, he hints that Ubuntu Phone has the "potential" to solve each of these purported "problems," if only people would just do something about them. Commenters are calling bullshopt, correctly pointing out that some of his proposed "solutions" are draconian. If this is what "phone freedom" is all about, keep it far away from me.

"Yes," this post is full of "air" quotes! "Deal" with it. LOL

Well old friend.....

YOU REALLY DO................invoke///////////////

SEMINAL THINKING.....................................

Soeminal: adj. Wikipedia:nothing except a seldom contributor who we cannot determine her or his bias.
    Just because a british band sang about him doesn't mean that the man has any context whatsoever.

THE PROBLEM.....................with "the media savvy" is..........that they have A TRUMPET...............to sound their "idea".

I was at Sears tonight.........."paying my bill"........I do that to maintain some small connexion with a person as opposed to a "don't know what"....

And in that "big evil box store" were..........MANY........."up and coming" "African Americans"........buying "stuff" for themselves AND their kids.....

I did not "ask" ......I merely "observed"............

There are many "angry people"..........who "rant about CRAP"..........and you............and .........I.........."read their stuff"............

But..........."the rest of the people"...........just get along with their lives............

AND ...............JUST WHO IS IT.................

JUST WHO IS IT.................

that propells a "captitalistic" society?

The African American women and men........the "American" women and men..........who purchase stuff at Sears............

The Angry Rants about phones.........may.................."MAY" propel Cannonical to do something.........

From the Isle of Mann......................

or not............

But the African American couple...........and the "white couple"............in Sears...............

Maybe they are REALLY more important than the "curmudgeon".........and guess what.....................his "sthick" may or may not be important ten years from now...........

I........personally think............that the people in line in front of me........

would probably purchase that phone if it was available...........

YA GOTTA REMEMBER BLACK FRIDAY...........

BUT...........BUT...........the women and men are wearing "man purses"...........

LINUX POWERED................to hook into "the cash register".....

IF................IF

AS BILL GATES SAID..............In his seminal book...........

"It does the job".

just my thoughts of little worth smoke

NOTE NOTE NOTE............."did the curmodgeon cause the effect".............I HAVE NO FU#$%^G clue...................it is the bird in the lower half of the globe frilling its feathers and ten years later Usama Bin Laden wipes his "A^^" with Northern Tissue.........or.............
    COMMANDS his college buds to fly planes into the New YAWK towers.,...
    or...........order pizza out........with no pork.........duuhhh

AND YESSS..........I QUITE REALIZE THAT PROBABLY ONLY STARWOLF will understand what I posted....

But then.........as R. Buckminster Fuller once opined...........art and science are merely the two sides of the same coin.........

I LUVE THE WALLYS!! lol
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Nov 27, 2014, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Mr. Ross is a village idiot ( ubuntu seems to be a lightning rod for these type of evangelists ).

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post

"Yes," this post is full of "air" quotes! "Deal" with it. LOL
        Not enough.........dots though.........

Comment

As for number 2, this has been the case ever since bus riding folks got hold of phones. Where I live and ride the bus, I seldom here this, and the number of "dumb" phones without any location capabilities are still extremely common.

I ignored his other posts (until now, damn you Steve! ) after the rubbish in the first one.

An interesting addition to this, which is I think appropriate, if you believe it is actually true. Taco Bell has a way to fix this issue though

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
            Not enough.........dots though.........
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              Randall Ross is one of Ubuntu's "community managers."
              He must be running for President, after all; it worked for our present "president"...
              Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

lol

maybe he sould try a Vulcan Neck Pinch!

wooddidn'tthinkitwasthebestmovieintheseriessmoke

Comment

it's called a vulcan Death Grip but nvm.

Only posting here coz forum rules preventing me from posting in a support thread with out a prior post.

Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by M3PH1 View Post

Only posting here coz forum rules preventing me from posting in a support thread with out a prior post.

Sorry.
                    Actually, you can post anywhere in here, just no links until after first post
                    Or I should say nothing that the sometimes daft wysiwyg text editor thinks is a link

Comment

Originally posted by M3PH1 View Post
                      Actually, the Vulcan Death Grip is a ficticious technique, used to fool some Romulans into believing Kirk was dead.

Comment

Geez guys, I thought you were nerds...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_nerve_pinch

Please Read Me

Comment

Yes, and I one-upped you on the nerd quotient by linking to Memory Alpha, the One True Authority for all things Star Trek. Wikipedia? Eh, that's for commoners

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bow_Down_smiley.gif
Views:	7
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	642633

And I thought I was a Star Trek uber fan!
                            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                            X