X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu Article; What's Your Take?

I just found and read this article about Kubuntu:

[HTML]http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/linux-and-open-source/ubuntu-pulls-the-official-plug-on-kubuntu/[/HTML]

I don't know what the ramifications are, but I'm interested to know what the community here thinks about it. What is the feasibility of KDE moving forward with something like KOS? I seek wisdom.
    "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

The news are 2,5 years old...hasn't affected us much (Canonical wasn't a strong influence on kubuntu even back then)

Comment

Yes, I understand the article is somewhat outdated, but do you think the autor's predictions are correct? Do you believe Kubuntu will fizzle out some day or grow into something else like KOS?
      "If you're in a room with another person who sees the world exactly as you do, one of you is redundant." Dr. Steven Covey, The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People

Comment

Originally posted by mhumm2 View Post
        Yes, I understand the article is somewhat outdated, but do you think the autor's predictions are correct? Do you believe Kubuntu will fizzle out some day or grow into something else like KOS?
        In the short term, no. I believe have more paid developers (thanks to Blue Systems) working on kubuntu than we had when Canonical was involved (which was one, maybe one-and-a-half).

In the long term, it depends on the consequences of Canonical/Ubuntu committing to Mir only (if and when that happens). Then we might see some changes, but our distributions is not going to die because of that (it just might to rebase on something else, and likely under a different name).
        Last edited by kubicle; Aug 15, 2014, 01:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X