• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anika200 View Post
    ...are there T shirts for sale?

They look to be sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
      You were privilaged to have 32KB, the very first computer I had was a Sinclair ZX81 with 1KB which was expandible to a whole 16KB. The only thing you could do with it was write code. It was the Raspberry Pi of its day.
      u must not remember the trs-80... lown res graphics, monochrome.... programming in qbasic - i think the zx81 had hi res graphics and colour from memory
      they did a good job with very little RAM all in all ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by christw View Post
        ...i think the zx81 had hi res graphics and colour from memory
        they did a good job with very little RAM all in all ;-)
        It didn't, the ZX81 was monochrome and as for being "hi-res" it was as hi-res as early TV sets.

Its big brother the ZX Spectrum had "hi-res" (compared to that of the ZX81) and had colour. The base ZX Spectrum computer started at 16KB of RAM and was upgraded to 48KB. The last model had a massive 128KB of RAM
        Last edited by Guest; Sep 14, 2014, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
          It didn't, the ZX81 was monochrome and as for being "hi-res" it was as hi-res as early TV sets.

Its big brother the ZX Spectrum had "hi-res" (compared to that of the ZX81) and had colour. The base ZX Spectrum computer started at 16KB of RAM and was upgraded to 48KB. The last model had a massive 128KB of RAM
          Ah yes... more popular in the UK as I remember - there were very few of those in Australia - All us nerds in the early 80's had system 80's and then went on to the Commodore Amiga... A machine with multitasking and 1024 colours well before the IBM compatibles had 8 colours :-)
          btw I was super amazed that my Vaio loaded Kubuntu without a hitch and all the function keys and touch screen is operational - don't know if the sound is working but I don't play games so don't really care lol.

Comment

VIC20/C64! The Best!

Comment

Working...
            X