This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cloudBit and littleBits

The cloudBit is the easiest way to create internet*-connected devices. You can now snap the internet to anything! Retrofit your thermostat so it automatically turns on when it’s too hot, or set up a motion sensing alarm system that texts you alerts--the possibilities are endless. No programming, soldering or wiring required.

The cloudBit is a single board computer running Linux. We use an USB WiFi adapter for networking, and once commissioned we automatically connect to the littleBits cloud. Once connected the cloudBit sends the littleBits cloud samples of the voltage on the input bitSnap™ with 10-bit precision, and the littleBits cloud is able to instruct the cloudBit to set the voltage on it's output bitSnap.
    So many new toys, so much fun ...
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    We use an USB WiFi adapter for networking, and once commissioned we automatically connect to the littleBits cloud.
    I know if sounds fun, but am I the only one who worries about having everything in my house internet-enabled and connected to someone else's "cloud"?

Comment

Originally posted by bendy View Post
      I know if sounds fun, but am I the only one who worries about having everything in my house internet-enabled and connected to someone else's "cloud"?
      Nope, you aren't. I worry about it every day. So do many other people.

Comment

What? You guys don't want your refrigerator ordering groceries when it gets low?
        Just imagine ... after your son visits while you are away and forgets to turn off the lights and lock the front door you log into your home and turn the lights out and lock the door .... oh, wait....
        (Fun from a technical POV, but I'd never wire my place to the Internet. Keeping a computer free from malware is enough work for me.)
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          What? You guys don't want your refrigerator ordering groceries when it gets low?
          No, I don't. Because then my insurance company will see just how crappy my diet is and put me into some kind of high risk, high cost category.

Actually, I have a pretty decent diet, composed of food and my food's food. But the example I gave is worthy of cautious consideration.

Comment

composed of food and my food's food

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              ... Actually, I have a pretty decent diet, composed of food and my food's food.
              Rabbit and Lettuce?
              Cows and Grass?
              Big fish and little fish?
              Snakes and frogs?
              Spiders and insects?
              Trout and crawdads?
              Bass and worms?
              The possibilities boggle the mind ...

Comment

Meat and that-which-becomes-meat-when-meat-eaters-eat-it. Easy!

Comment

Ah, we're both Omnivores!

Comment

Working...
                  X