This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
    I am assuming that you are stuck with the DE, no changing.
    My brain REFUSES to go there! A Linux box that the user can't customize 100% to their liking?! Perish the thought!
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
      @HalationEffect: So what your saying is, if there were only these two operating systems available you would not have a computer.
      OK, maybe I was a bit hyperbolic.

I'd enjoy my computing experience a lot less though, regardless of which choice I made - they're both equally unpalatable to me. Wouldn't surprise me if the amount of time I spent using my PC reduced by quite a bit if those were the only choices. I'd probably use the command line a lot more than I currently do (as a ratio) too.
      sigpic
      "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
      -- Douglas Adams

Comment

To those people who didn't understand the question.

What if GNU/Linux only had one desktop available (Gnome Shell) and the only alternative was Windows Vista. (If there was no other desktop environment available, no KDE, XFCE LXDE (soon to be replaced by LXQT) etc. And of course Microsoft had still supported Vista and did not bring out 7 or 8.

So, please, non of this "I'd install GNU/Linux and replace it with KDE" because in this scenario KDE does not exist.

Now which one would you choose?

Comment

To those people who didn't understand the question.

What if GNU/Linux only had one desktop available (Gnome Shell) and the only alternative was Windows Vista. (If there was no other desktop environment available, no KDE, XFCE LXDE (soon to be replaced by LXQT) etc. And of course Microsoft had still supported Vista and did not bring out 7 or 8.

So, please, non of this "I'd install GNU/Linux and replace it with KDE" because in this scenario KDE does not exist.

Now which one would you choose?
          KDE. I'd invent it.
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

DYK.....

Good response!

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
              DYK.....

Good response!

Comment

Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
                KDE. I'd invent it.
                I give up!

Comment

I give up!
                  Sorry, Nick! I just couldn't resist.

Comment

And it made me laugh. Sorry about that but it was funny!

Comment

The poll was simply to find out of the two "worst" desktops which one would you prefer.

Windows Vista is/was hated by a lot of Windows users and Gnome Shell is hated by a lot of GNU/Linux users (especially KDE users) and I just wanted to see if you guys (the KDE users) would use Gnome Shell because of GNU/Linux or if you hated Gnome Shell or GTK that much that you would choose use Vista. That's all.

It isn't a serious poll it was just to satisfy my curiosity.

Comment

And why I stand by my response as awful as that may sound to some. I actually have used Vista and Gnome so I know what fits me.

Comment

/bin/bash

CMD.EXE (distant second)

Comment

The poll was simply to find out of the two "worst" desktops which one would you prefer.

Windows Vista is/was hated by a lot of Windows users and Gnome Shell is hated by a lot of GNU/Linux users (especially KDE users) and I just wanted to see if you guys (the KDE users) would use Gnome Shell because of GNU/Linux or if you hated Gnome Shell or GTK that much that you would choose use Vista. That's all.

It isn't a serious poll it was just to satisfy my curiosity.
                            I'd go back to using Linux from a command line, or I'd just force myself to get used to GNOME. Windows? NEVER!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                              /bin/bash
                              Originally posted by DoYouKubuntu View Post
                              I'd go back to using Linux from a command line
                              So we have two votes for the command line, which is 100% more than the current number of votes (1) for Vista. Hrmm....

Comment

Working...
                              X