Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two weeks after my daugher bought an HP with Win8.1 ...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
    Fair enough, although I'm surprised she didn't ask her techie Dad to help! Was she scared you might install Kubuntu on the sly?
    Oh, I've kept her informed, all right, but I hope you can understand that my gene contribution turned out to be dominate, and she is as obstinate and hard headed as I am. She wouldn't use Kubuntu BECAUSE I recommended it. But, she doesn't stop my grandson from running it. He chose it because his Win7 side was constantly getting infected, slowing down, picking up nagware, etc..., and he fled to Kubuntu for obvious reasons. She sees that but ...
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      She's a Windows/Apple fan because 1) she uses Windows at work and doesn't want to learn another OS. That my grandson defaults to Trusty doesn't seem to phase her, and 2) her boyfriend is an Apple fan so she switched from Android to iPhone. Now she can't afford an Apple computer....
      Just for grins, ask her to have her boyfriend install Hackintosh on the computer. Being a true Apple USER, he most likely wouldn't know a Hackintosh from a Gala.
      Boot Info Script

Comment

Originally posted by verndog View Post
        Just for grins, ask her to have her boyfriend install Hackintosh on the computer. Being a true Apple USER, he most likely wouldn't know a Hackintosh from a Gala.
        Her boyfriend is a former physics student of mine when I taught Physics in college. Currently a programmer, he is a very sharp guy and wouldn't have any trouble building a hackintosh!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
          my gene contribution turned out to be dominate, and she is as obstinate and hard headed as I am
          For a minute there I forgot you were talking about software. Or are you? Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            For a minute there I forgot you were talking about software. Or are you? Hmm...
            Yup!

I also gave he my power of attorneys because she has a degree in business administration and isn't as soft hearted as my son, who inherited from my wife's side. My son and I do lots of things together and I'm continuing on with his son, my grandson! Life is good! Today, my grandson and I played BTeam Minecraft by remote connection for several hours.
            Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 22, 2014, 03:42 PM.

Comment

In how many other Linux forums do the regulars get to learn so many fascinating details about each others' family dynamics? I'd say none! That's why I love this place so much

Comment

It's A GREAT FORUM, isn't it!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                  X