Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never saw that but that was good. I guess the suggestion of nudity threw that off for some.

Comment

I suspect some people have issues with joking about death.
      It's the only certainty life offers and I can appreciate the message

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
        .... Personally, I think the haters are just nattering nabobs of negativity.
        Wow, Steve, when did you start channelling Spiro Agnew?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by Teunis View Post
          I suspect some people have issues with joking about death.
          It's the only certainty life offers and I can appreciate the message
          Yup. Life has a 100% mortality rate.

The older you get the more you realize how quickly time goes by, too.

For a long time everyone on TV, news, movies, social events, etc, appeared to be more or less older then my wife and I. Then, for a short period of time everyone appeared to be our age. Then we noticed that news readers, and actors portraying adult roles, etc, seemed like kids. I first noticed this watching a Hallmark Hall of Fame TV show about a young couple trying to survive on the prairie in the 1870s or so. They looked like two 15 year olds. Since then, everyone on TV looks like kids to my wife and I. Then, for a period of time, we attended a long sequence of funerals of family and friends who were, usually, older than we were. They were, in affect, at the head of the line. Now, for the last 5-10 years, there are no family or friends older than my wife and I. We are at the head of the line. Our message to those behind us: "Stop shoving!"

Of the 14 members of my grad school class I am, to the best of my knowledge, the last surviving member. My 1959 HS graduating class of 500 (six died the night of graduation due to accidents/alcohol) is now down to a couple dozen or so folks on our email list, and every two or three month another drops off the list.

As we age, our abilities decrease. Things that were once easy to do are now difficult. Things like getting in and out of a car. Walking up several flights of stairs without having to stop and rest. Walking 5 miles and not getting tired. Holding a firearm, aiming and shooting it without shaking. Hearing things without aids. Seeing things without aids. Remembering where one puts stuff, what one has read or seen. Enjoying a nice head of hair, or being able to hit the back of the urinal. Simple things become the greatest joys.
          Last edited by GreyGeek; Jul 27, 2014, 05:21 PM.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I'm sixty two and recognise your words.
            For hitting the back of the urinal, Schiphol (Amsterdam) airport was probably the first to have a fly sticker at the back wall to improve aiming and save on cleaning expenses:

Click image for larger version

Name:	amsterdam-airport-detail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	642353

Now us Dutch have found a better way:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Par7938639.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	642352

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              Wow, Steve, when did you start channelling Spiro Agnew?
              Whenever pusillanimous pussyfooters impose their self-righteous morals on others, of course

Comment

Working...
              X