This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xiki - shell of the future?

I have just found information about a "new" shell client called Xiki, after looking how it works on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXT7-1c7_BY I must admit it looks very interesting. But in the video some of the people in it claim that they have been using it for years but I've never seen it in any of the repositories that I have had access to.

if it is the shell of the future, and it has been around a while (2008 at least?), AND it isn't in anyone's repo, AND has a kickstarter to bring the future of 2008 to 2014 well.....nuff said

All joking aside, I'll bet it is very simple to compile.

Comment

A long time ago and far far away at another distro we spent some time considering it. Not bad.

woodsmoke

Comment

I want a mutant hybrid terminal program that combines the features of Xiki and Terminology.

sigpic
        "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
        -- Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by HalationEffect View Post
          I want a mutant hybrid terminal program that combines the features of Xiki and Terminology
          Now that would be good

Comment

One of the original reasons for the original discussion, long ago and far away, was that possibly the whole shebang could have been "mostly" mouse driven and some CLI. But...well.........most folks are not CLI!!! lol

woodsmoke

Comment

why would you ever want to have a mouse driven cli ? so i can click on the command instead of hitting enter? how is that remotely faster i have to move my hand off the keyboard and to the mouse inorder to do that... plus i really am not seeing what is so special about that shell. i can do most all of that already using krunner if i wanted something that was mouse driven.
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
              X