This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta with Pepperflash

With the release of the first beta, I decided to do a fresh install and it is now up and running and fully networked. One particuar problem that I was having was that I could not view TV programs using the latest flash play on http://iview.abc.net.au/ . I was using Firefox, so I tried the Chromium web browser and this also failed. To fix this I installed pepperflashplugin-nonfree from the repositories.

To get this working with Firefox, I used the procedures from this site. The procedure that I used was
    Code:
    sudo mkdir -p /opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash
    sudo ln -s /usr/lib/pepperflashplugin-nonfree/libpepflashplayer.so /opt/google/chrome/PepperFlash
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:nilarimogard/webupd8
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install freshplayerplugin
    Before executing the above commands, check the location of libpepflashplayer.so. Before I did the re-install, the location I used was /usr/lib/pepflashplugin-installer/libpepflashplayer.so.

For the Chromium web browser the procedure that I used is here. In this case file pepflashplayer.sh is required and what I did in this case was:
    Code:
    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:skunk/pepper-flash
    sudo apt-get install pepflashplugin-installer
    cd /etc/chromium-browser/
    sudo nano default
    Add to last line ". /usr/lib/pepflashplugin-installer/pepflashplayer.sh"
    then save and exit.
    I hope this procedure is not required to be done by new users that install 14.10 when it is released. It is important that websites using the latest flash player can be viewed even though Adobe no longer supports Linux.

Comment

Working...
    X