This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Agent man aka Danger Man

I purchased the "Secret Agent Man" aka "Danger Man" complete set of DVDs a while ago and watch one of the shows rather randomly in a stream of other shows.

One thing that I really like about watching the "sixties" and later t.v. shows is discovering when a major star, later, first appeared "back then"...

And I was watching.... the episode "Position of Trust" and who should I see, of course the ubiquitous Donald Pleasance...

But..surprise surprise..... There was Money Penny in a co-star with Patrick McGoohan!

Anybody else like to find nuggets of gold like this in old shows?

woodjustwonderingsmoke

I've never watched Danger Man, I don't think that was broadcast over here in the UK but one show I did enjoy watching as a kid was Danger Mouse

You should get and watch the box set of MASH. They have had quite a few modern film and TV stars start out in that series from the 70's. It's quite interesting to see people like Patrick Swayze or Ron Howard before they became famous in later shows or films.

For those who enjoy watching House tv series starring Hugh Laurie, you should get the british sitcom Blackadder from the 80's.
    Last edited by Guest; Jun 22, 2014, 05:00 AM.

Comment

LOL ROTFL!! lol

kewl

woodappreciativesmoke

Comment

Originally posted by NickStone View Post
        I've never watched Danger Man, I don't think that was broadcast over here in the UK
        Er, it was a UK show, four series screened on ITV from 1960 to 1968. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_Man.
        Regards, John Little

Comment

Originally posted by jlittle View Post
          Er, it was a UK show, four series screened on ITV from 1960 to 1968. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danger_Man.
          Was it a UK show? I've never seen it but then I was born in 1969 and never seen any repeats of that show during my lifetime. I'll see if there's anything on you tube.

Comment

I never saw Danger Man but I grew up watching the reruns of The Avengers. Loved that show. Plus "Mrs. Peel" (Diana Rigg) was the most beautiful woman I ever saw on television at the time!

Please Read Me

Comment

Danger Man morphed into the cult series "The Prisoner". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Prisoner

It was sometimes strange and difficult to understand, but very compelling.
              "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
              "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Yeppers to that!

Prisoner that is...got both series and the Prisoner coffee table book.

Even did the whole coat, number 6 button and deck shoes thing for a Halloween thing at the college...

.the students had NEVER heard of what USED TO BE..........de reguier for ANY college kid that was anti-government...back then...which meant....Liberal back then! them dam* hippies!

lol...my how things have completely reversed! lol

OMG compare this pic, it is way to big to put on the forum to my avatar! lol Not nearly as handsome as him! lol\

the Prisoner on a boat !

wood .. I am NOT a number! I am a man! lol smoke

Comment

Working...
                X