Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nine years old, and the voice of an angel!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nine years old, and the voice of an angel!

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Amazing! Simply, purely, amazing!
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

And she learned it all by herself, just by imitating what she heard. After her winning of Hollands Got Talent she's getting lessons.
      When she's getting rich she's gonna give half of her money to 'poor children', because those poor children feel good then, and if those children feel good she's feeling good too. Hope she keeps thinking that way...

Comment

I've read that it is more than thinking. She's already set up and funded a charity in South Africa. An attitude like that at that age is the result of good parenting.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Wow. Just wow.

Comment

I've still got tears in my eyes. Old souls is right.
            Kubuntu 24.04 64bit under Kernel 6.10.2, Hp Pavilion, 6MB ram. All Bow To The Great Google... cough, hack, gasp.

Comment

Real talent in Holland (Netherland).

What talent does Britain have?

...a dancing dog!

Comment

Here is Mirusia Louwerse, a 19 year old Austrian, singing "Time To Say Goodbye":

And for comparison, Jackie Evancho, about 11 yrs old:
                Last edited by GreyGeek; Jun 12, 2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Amira sings in a "duet" with Luciano Pavaratti:

Comment

A little bit of history, and her work in Africa:

Comment

She wants to stay a normal child:

Comment

Here is her first public performance at the age of seven! Two years made an astounding difference!

Comment

Nice videos. Funny, that's no Dutch Almira is speaking in that interview, but South-African. I first thought she was speaking in a very strange way.
                          @NickStone: don't forget Susan Boyle...

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
                            Amazing! Simply, purely, amazing!
                            Originally posted by dibl View Post
                            Wow. Just wow.
                            Hoooooooly shopt. Astounding. Perfectly in tune octaves, vibrato from the diaphragm, proper vowels...amazing. And no teacher...how.......?

I see that Holland has its own version of Simon Cowell. Dunno whether that's a good thing. And sheesh, Dutch is such painful language to listen to!

Comment

That's strange. I have no problem at all listening to Dutch

Comment

Working...
                              X