X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stopped by to say Hi

Hello,
    Just stopped by to say Hi, is good to see long-time-no-see names still around,

Best Regards,

MepisReign
    Beware the Almighty Command Line

Hi, MR...
    I used Mepis for a few months around the end of 2005 and the beginning of 2006. The 6.0 release featured Ubuntu as the base (5.x was based on Debian). The Ubuntu based release didn't work well for me, and combining that with Warren Woodford having family medical bills which forced him to devote time to consulting work to raise money, the quality wasn't very good. There was a ground swell to move it back to Debian but I had already moved on by then.

Mepis was good before that small time period and I hear it is very good now. IIRC, Warren wrote his own Python scripts for managing the printer, wireless and other peripherals, which was before KDE added good management tools.

I may have to install Mepis 11 under VirtualBase to see how its coming along.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Hey GreyGeek is good to see you again, probably you dont remember me, thank you for stopping by and say Hi. I don't use Mepis anymore (I switched to Debian long ago) but like you said, is more likely that I will do a test spin. See you around and many blessings

MepisReign

Comment

Hello.... Haven't seen your name around in a while!

Comment

Originally posted by MepisReign View Post
          Hey GreyGeek is good to see you again, probably you dont remember me, thank you for stopping by and say Hi. I don't use Mepis anymore (I switched to Debian long ago) but like you said, is more likely that I will do a test spin. See you around and many blessings

MepisReign
          Time has flown, hasn't it? I've been with Kubuntu since Jan 2009, the longest I've been with any distro, and I plan to stick with it until this computer dies, or I do.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
            until this computer dies, or I do.
            Dude, you are not allowed to die until I get the chance to come to Nebraska, sit on your front porch, and hoist a glass of the local hooch with ya. But after that...can I have your computer? LOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              Dude, you are not allowed to die until I get the chance to come to Nebraska, sit on your front porch, and hoist a glass of the local hooch with ya. But after that...can I have your computer? LOLOLOLOLOL
              It would be my honor!
              (Sorry, the computer goes to one of my grandsons, if it is still any good! )

Comment

Hi!
                your posts at Mepis forums were very helpful to the Gregman when he was moving to Linux and subsequently ran Mepis exclusively.

woodsmoke

Comment

OMG I feel already @ Home again!

Thank you Guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X