X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMyMoney

@claydoh

Which of your PPAs should I enable if I want to get KMyMoney from you rather than Ubuntu?

Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Normally, the second one, unless you want the daily builds.

Trusty already has the most current release so I don't have a 14.04 version in the main ppa atm, but will when the next v version is out.

I do have trusty builds in the daily ppa, if you are so inclined. The kmm guys do a great job of having stable code in their git repo.

Sent from my Droid DNA using Tapatalk, like that really matters

Comment

Thank you.

Back awhile ago I had gotten KMyMoney from your main ppa, as it was more current 'then' than what was in the Ubuntu repositories. When I upgraded to Trusty, I disabled your main ppa as, at that time, you hadn't packaged KMyMoney for it yet. When the 'latest' stable version of KMyMoney is released, will it be in your main ppa before it appears in Ubuntu?

Comment

Most certainly! KMM isn't updated by Ubuntu/ubuntu as it is a normally a "universe" package, auto-converted from debian when Ubuntu syncs with them.

As usual, I do lag a bit before putting it out, so don't hesitate to pester me

Comment

Thank you for the info. When you have KMyMoney built for Trusty I'll re-enable your main ppa.

Added:
          Is there any "serious" risk in using your kmymoney-daily ppa?
          Last edited by Snowhog; Jun 01, 2014, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X