X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help, my IP has been banned

Hello everyone.

I have been using Kubuntu for about 2.5 years now, and I really love it!
    If there are any devs here, thanks for your hard work!

I am making this post today in the hopes of contacting a forum admin.

About two months ago I was googling a kubuntu issue, and happened upon this forum, but my VPS IP has been banned.
    At the time I tried emailing the sysadmin, which had been provided on the error page, but I have yet to recieve a response.
    Today I recieved the same error after a similar google search, and decided I should address this.

I have no clue how this could have occured, as I am the only one using it for web traffic.

I just created my account today, and never knew about the site before that google search; it would be nice to be able to read things posted here.

Could an admin please get in touch with me so I may solve this once and for all?

Thanks

If you're using a VPN service, you might be getting caught by ZB Block, which this forum uses for spam prevention. (See: https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showth...blocking-VPN-s )

As mentioned in the thread linked above, if it is a ZB Block issue, the forum admins are happy to work with you to make sure you can access the site. As soon as one of them sees this thread, I'm sure they'll address your problem.
    sigpic
    "Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
    -- Douglas Adams

Comment

I'll look into this when I get home this evening. As a member you can view all unrestricted forums and posts here. I've been notified that there are some 'very old' posts from before our move to vBulletin Forum software, that are triggering our site protection. I'm going to be looking into that as well.

Happy to see you as a new member of KFN. Speaking for the other Administrators, I hope you find our little piece of the Internet to be useful and valuable; we do.
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X