This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

know your target market...

I watched with some amazement yesterday as my 2 year old grandson played some lego/duplo games on an android tablet. He got the hang of the touchscreen interface so quickly - it was just natural to him.

So now I know the target market for windows 8 and unity - 2 year olds!

He will grow up expecting every device he interacts with to have a touch interface, and will think of the mouse and mechanical keyboard combination as antiques, the way we think of punch cards or those old teletype terminals some of us started out on.

I have the Back To the Future trilogy boxset and in the second film Marty McFly goes in to the future and in one scene he shows a couple of kids how to play a video game from the 80's.

One of the kids turns round to Marty and says "You have to use your hands? It's like a babies toy" (or something like that).

Reading your comment "He will grow up expecting every device he interacts with to have a touch interface, and will think of the mouse and mechanical keyboard combination as antiques, the way we think of punch cards or those old teletype terminals some of us started out on. " had reminded me of that scene in Back To The Future.

Comment

Working...
    X