X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gnome Foundation in financial trouble

http://lwn.net/Articles/594583/
    https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/CurrentBudgetFAQ

Apparently, they need someone to do stylesheets so they could send out invoices?
    If anyone is familiar with Guile/Scheme, the Foundation would benefit from a custom printable invoice stylesheet for GnuCash. Contact the board for a PDF of what it needs to look like.
    (I wonder why they're having a cash flow problems )

Hmm. They can't search Google for solutions that are already out there?

Custom GNU Cash Reports and Invoices
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Hmm. They can't search Google for solutions that are already out there?

Custom GNU Cash Reports and Invoices
      Come on, it's GNOME:
      A. They are adamant on how the invoices should look (all other considerations are secondary).
      B. They are not going to accept existing solutions, they have to make one of their own.

Comment

GnomeNOtforME

So, they can't think outside the box, because they don't believe in the box.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post
            Wow, much butthurt is evident in the discussion after that article.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
              Wow, much butthurt is evident in the discussion after that article.
              Haven't seen the "discussion" on slashdot, have you (There was a reason I didn't post that link )

These news are lightning rods for the closet dwellers who take things far too seriously.

Gnome Foundation is/was poorly run (you have to keep an eye on the books), but they are not responsible for GNOME's developmental decisions, which is what most commenters seem to think.

Comment

Originally posted by kubicle View Post

Gnome Foundation is/was poorly run (you have to keep an eye on the books), but they are not responsible for GNOME's developmental decisions, which is what most commenters seem to think.

Who does decide GNOME's development decisions then? Though I never heard of the GNOME Foundation until they announced that they were having financial trouble.....
                System Specs:
                Processor: Intel Core-i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz /// Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB GDDR5 /// RAM: 2 X 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Memory /// Hard Drive Storage: 2TB SATA Hard Drive (Enabled), 120GB Solid State Drive (Disabled) /// Operating System: Kubuntu 16.04

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCerberus View Post
                  Who does decide GNOME's development decisions then?
                  Gnome developers. (though if you're a cynic, like me, you could say that RedHat has quite an influence.)

Originally posted by DarkCerberus View Post
                  Though I never heard of the GNOME Foundation until they announced that they were having financial trouble.....
                  Gnome Foundation is a non-profit that organizes meetings like GUADEC, among other things.

Comment

nobody heard of the gnome foundation

nobody heard of kde foundation developers

nobody heard of OpenSuse developers...

nobody heard of....

and this is NOT directed at ANYof the below/above posters....

JUST HOW FAR HAS THE WHOLE..............."open" source movement moved ......

hey...............I think we should elect Torvalds King of Open Source....let him decide. what we, the vassals who have never looked beyond our bridles pay him homage...

im thinking a two dollar per head tax....

let him decide where we go, kind of like ol Bill decided where we go, or kind of like the supposed beginners of Apple decides...

{...administrator removal...}

LAST TIME....................

that you...............

went to a library and "looked in a book"............

woodsmoke
                    Last edited by SteveRiley; Apr 18, 2014, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodsmoke View Post
                      nobody heard of the gnome foundation
                      Nobody, really? I'm sure that many of us indeed have.

nobody heard of kde foundation developers
                      Same.

nobody heard of OpenSuse developers...
                      I think our own DMeyer, among many others here, would disagree with you.

I think we should elect Torvalds King of Open Source....let him decide.
                      im thinking a two dollar per head tax....
                      You, of all people, advocating an open source dictator? With a required payment? That's rich.

DETESTED OF THE ELLITES LINUX PEOPPLE
                      Just who are these "elites" you continually rail against?

went to a library and "looked in a book"
                      I browse the Seattle Public Library routinely. I'd wager that several of our members similarly take advantage of their libraries, either in person or online.

Woody, I was going to delete your post. Instead, I've chosen to rebut specific claims you've made and will cull the pointless, inflamatory text from your post momentarily. If you wish to contribute meaningfully to the discussion, you are welcome to. If you have nothing of the sort to add, don't.

Comment

Working...
                      X