Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Support for XP ending in 2 days 12 hours and counting ....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support for XP ending in 2 days 12 hours and counting ....

Support for my VirtualBox installation of my XP SP3 guest OS, which I've owned for over ten years but have rarely over that period, is ending today. I am deleting it as a guest OS.
    I've only used it to test and play with VirtualBox and as a portal to iTunes to upgrade my iPad 4th gen, but I stopped using that two years ago as well. Too small.

So long XP, a barely knew thee!
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

I have HP Photosmart 7150 printer with drivers that have only worked well in Windows XP. It is capable of 4800x1200 Optimized dpi printing. It was only lightly used by my parents. It still functions perfectly and we use it to print our family photos that we send to releatives. I hate to loose it. In additon to this my HP DeskJet 722C has a printer cartridge alignment function with works with the Windows XP driver. I'm not ready to spend money on new printers. I'm thinking of keeping Winodws XP but only using it while disconnected from the Internet for things I can't get to work right anywhere else.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
      I have HP Photosmart 7150 printer with drivers that have only worked well in Windows XP. It is capable of 4800x1200 Optimized dpi printing. It was only lightly used by my parents. It still functions perfectly and we use it to print our family photos that we send to releatives. I hate to loose it. In additon to this my HP DeskJet 722C has a printer cartridge alignment function with works with the Windows XP driver. I'm not ready to spend money on new printers. I'm thinking of keeping Winodws XP but only using it while disconnected from the Internet for things I can't get to work right anywhere else.

Ditto on that!

Comment

Originally posted by life0riley View Post
        Have you downloaded the HP drivers directly from HP? According to them both of your printers are supported. I've never lacked the ability to align print cartridges OR use the max resolution on any HP printer. And that's a lot of printers for me and all my clients, since I only use HP specifically because of their excellent Linux support. Even features like the graphic showing ink cartridge levels work perfectly.
        ​"Keep it between the ditches"
        K*Digest Blog
        K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I've found a right bargain for Windows XP
          http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Microsoft-...item3cdf36e630
          I'm tempted to buy it.

Comment

As long as you aren't going to connect it to the Internet the deal looks good.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
              As long as you aren't going to connect it to the Internet the deal looks good.
              I wasn't being serious

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
                Have you downloaded the HP drivers directly from HP? According to them both of your printers are supported. I've never lacked the ability to align print cartridges OR use the max resolution on any HP printer. And that's a lot of printers for me and all my clients, since I only use HP specifically because of their excellent Linux support. Even features like the graphic showing ink cartridge levels work perfectly.
                Actually the issues I generally have is the control over the 4x6 paper feed and control over the pictures being printed there. For some reason I've never found the software that controlled it as well as HPs Windows XP software. Wish they'd release that for Linux and then I'd be OK.

Comment

Working...
                X