X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...say again?!
    samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

sorry old friend but this one will be banned.

LUV the avatar!!

woodnotsoluckysmoke

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
        OwnCloud seems to be something useful but I assume it works best if one has a static IP and not a dynamic one?
        You don't actually have to run your own server for owncloud, owncloud.org lists a number of providers (some with free plans available, this is a great way to test owncloud to see if it meets your needs).

Of course, IMO, you can get the most (and full control) of owncloud by running it yourself...either on your own iron (dynamic dns will work fine if you don't have static IP, like Feathers pointed out) or through a rented server space (like shared hosting, which usually doesn't cost much).

Owncloud is not perfect, but is free software and actively developed...and relatively easy to get running
        Last edited by kubicle; Apr 03, 2014, 02:46 AM.

Comment

Yes, from what I saw it looked good. Found out that with my Google account I had 15GB free on Google Drive. I'll have to look at their capabilities but I really did like UbuntuOne.

Comment

I just realized that all of my shared URL's created from U1 will no longer work, which includes MANY blog post pictures and pictures posted in bug reports, etc. All will be broken...Sucks.
            ​"Keep it between the ditches"
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I'm wondering if this move signifies financial problems for Ubuntu/Shuttlesworth? I purchased additional space on U1, so I was a paying customer on a yearly automatic renewal. Not enough paying customers?

IF I recall correctly, subscription renewals for me is coming in April. So, I went to U1 and removed my devices and cancelled all of my subscriptions, just to be sure in case that their accounting department doesn't talk to their CEO.
              Last edited by GreyGeek; Apr 05, 2014, 01:33 PM.
              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I dropped U1 six months ago for mega.co.nz, and gained 45GB in the process.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl View Post
                  I dropped U1 six months ago for mega.co.nz, and gained 45GB in the process.
                  Thanks for the heads up! I signed up!
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Me too!

Thanks, Don!

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
                    X