This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it's time to move...

If you're lik me, all of the leaked NSA information is like death by a thousand papercuts. Except in this case the cuts just keep getting deeper...

Read at your own risk.

How the NSA Plans to Infect ‘Millions’ of Computers with Malware

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/a...uters-malware/

(I mis-spelled the title of the post. Seriously, there's no way for me to edit that)
    Last edited by dequire; Mar 13, 2014, 11:26 AM.
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Top-secret documents reveal that the National Security Agency is dramatically expanding its ability to covertly hack into computers on a mass scale by using automated systems that reduce the level of human oversight in the process.
    Isn't that exactly what Russia and China have been doing?

It seems that spying on our neighbors (friendly or not), AND on us here in America was OK to Feinstein and other politicians. BUT, when she and they learned that NSA was spying on them as well, she couldn't tolerate that. Strange sense of law, justice and fairness.

I don't like the NSA spying on Americans, nor do I like the IRS being a political weapon used by the Left against the Right. But, were in the world would you move to that isn't under the Russian, Chinese or American microscope?
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
      But, were in the world would you move to that isn't under the Russian, Chinese or American microscope?
      Good point GG.

Hey, dequire, if you find a good place to move to let us know. I suspect it will require some space travel. Let me think. Who do we know who is into that sort of stuff?

Ken.
      Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Finished reading the whole article. In a graphic I noticed something. Can you spot it?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	selectors-1024x768.png
Views:	1
Size:	509.4 KB
ID:	640691
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Just saw this: https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...-redacted.html
          Those folks at the DHS really KNOW what spying is, because they don't like the people who fund them knowing what they are doing, as all the redactions show.

Comment

Probably not what you were thinking, but I did notice several of the potentially-compromised points are likely only relevant to Windows systems. And also that we should be deleting browser cookies, cache, and history regularly. What did you see that's uniquely discerning?

Finished reading the whole article. In a graphic I noticed something. Can you spot it?
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]4746[/ATTACH]
            K*Digest Blog
            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
              (I mis-spelled the title of the post. Seriously, there's no way for me to edit that)
              I fixed that for ya.

Comment

It seems that spying on our neighbors (friendly or not), AND on us here in America was OK to Feinstein and other politicians. BUT, when she and they learned that NSA was spying on them as well, she couldn't tolerate that. Strange sense of law, justice and fairness.
                Feinstein should be stripped of her chairmanship and kicked out of the Democratic party. She, like many others of the DLC, do not represent what many of us true progressives care about.

But, were in the world would you move to that isn't under the Russian, Chinese or American microscope?
                A while ago, I would have said New Zealand, Denmark, or Sweden. But given New Zealand's continued membership in Five Eyes, my list is now only Denmark or Sweden.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                  Feinstein should be stripped of her chairmanship and kicked out of the Democratic party. She, like many others of the DLC, do not represent what many of us true progressives care about.

A while ago, I would have said New Zealand, Denmark, or Sweden. But given New Zealand's continued membership in Five Eyes, my list is now only Denmark or Sweden.
                  And while we are at it, how about we do the same to John Boehner. He represents a conservative about as well as Fienstein represents what she claims she is. Too many of those in Washington DC really seem to be all about themselves, their power, ego and money. Sweden I could move to.

Comment

What about Iceland? I hear it's pretty good there. And they apparently have none of the banking cartels like the rest of the world does.
                    K*Digest Blog
                    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Too close to active volcanoes for me!

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
                        What about Iceland? I hear it's pretty good there. And they apparently have none of the banking cartels like the rest of the world does.
                        Do they even have banks at all now?

I've been there a few times. Charming place, and the night sky is basically one massive Aurora Borealis. But it's sooooooo coooooooold.

Comment

I've been there a few times. Charming place, and the night sky is basically one massive Aurora Borealis. But it's sooooooo coooooooold.
                          Pick your poison
                          K*Digest Blog
                          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

I hear neighboring Greenland is actually much colder

Besides, I have determined that I can live off of PayPal transactions alone. My local grocer AND Home Depot now take it. Seriously...who...in 2014....NEEDS FDIC insurance?? And if the zombie apocalypse comes, how much stock would you put in that anyway? I say "good riddance" to banks.
                            K*Digest Blog
                            K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Cold doesn't bother me. I can always add another layer of clothing/insulation.

What bothers me is heat, especially moist heat that makes cooling down by sweating difficult. The problem is that one can only take off so much clothing and many times even if one went buck naked they would still be hot. No wonder folks living close to the equator take afternoon siestas. I'd sleep all day and work all night, if that would help.

Comment

Working...
                              X