This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu....the Grand Hotel...

What was it that Dr. Otternschlag commented at the end of the film?

The Grand Hotel..... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.
    I am quite positive that most people would say that the Ubuntu forums are the only ones large enough and "international" enough to be "the Grand Hotel" of Linux.

However, I must beg leave to demur; and for the following reasons. For even though Kubuntu forums are not as large and do not have an overabundance of "international" forums... they have two other characteristics which, it is possible, are of more value.

Two definite hallmarks of the Grand Hotel that marked it a cut above the others were.... that it was "genteel" and it "had class".

Definitely two hallmarks of the Kubuntu forums.

woodsmoke
    Last edited by woodsmoke; Mar 01, 2014, 09:13 AM.

And around here you don't drown in anonymity.
    Finding replies on say a 1 day old post is in Ubuntuforums quite difficult.

Comment

And getting a response that doesn't involve someone carting their nads around in a wheelbarrow for all to admire is another problem on the UbuntuForums. That and too many replies that include "RTFM". (Disclaimer: I haven't visited the UbuntuForums in months, perhaps a year or more. Things may have changed.)
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I quit Ubuntu Forums because of the attitude and even when it came to asking about Kubuntu stuff (mostly when GNOME apps were used). Yeah, I can agree with the "carting their nads around in a wheelbarrow" seems prevalent. I really don't remember the last time I logged in other than to change my PW after the hack.

Comment

Working...
        X