This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm so happy with Kubuntu and KDE <3

Really thank you everybody who helped build this great OS and the KDE desktop environment and the people who run this site,you made such an wonderful operating system. Kubuntu is without doubt the most beautiful and stable OS I came across. It's stable,fast,beautiful and very well supported what more can you ask from an OS?

Sorry for my English and again thank you thank you and thank you for developing this masterpiece.

<3

+1

Glad it works so well for you! Works well for me as well. Windows-free for 3 years now
    ​"Keep it between the ditches"
    K*Digest Blog
    K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by dequire View Post
      +1

Glad it works so well for you! Works well for me as well. Windows-free for 3 years now
      Yep I don't miss windowzz at all its ugly,sluggish, it's crawling with viruses brrr it gives me the chills when I'm just thinking about it.

Comment

Which version are you running?
        samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
          Which version are you running?
          13.10 everything is smooth so far,although I have some problem with k3b when I want to install wavepack files, I will make a thread tomorrow if someone knows how to fix this because I have all decoders installed but I still can't seem to get it working

Comment

I'm sure someone will know! I'm enjoying 13.10 and I'm really looking forward to 14.04. On my old hardware, 12.10 was way less buggy than 12.04, it's interesting how much difference your hardware makes sometimes!

I've only just got rid of Windows myself, I was dual booting for a while, but I can't see myself going back (particularly as this would mean using Windows 8, which came with my machine).
            samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
              I'm sure someone will know! I'm enjoying 13.10 and I'm really looking forward to 14.04. On my old hardware, 12.10 was way less buggy than 12.04, it's interesting how much difference your hardware makes sometimes!

I've only just got rid of Windows myself, I was dual booting for a while, but I can't see myself going back (particularly as this would mean using Windows 8, which came with my machine).
              Yea 14.04 is going to be an great release, I tried kubuntu before and 13.04 was very buggy so I'm really surprised by this release. Well I only needed windowz for gaming and since I got bored with video games I can't see any reason to ever go back to windowz again.

Comment

You know what's more fun and rewarding than video games? Tinkering with Linux: you can constantly challenge yourself and it's really rewarding when you get something right, and at the end of a project you've actually produced something useful!

On the other hand... 0AD is pretty good if you want to waste some time every now and then I go back to it and I'm always surprised by how much it has improved since the last time!
                samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Yep! Best move I made years ago. So much more functional than when running XP or WIN7.

Comment

14.04 is beautiful and powerful. Absolutely AWESOME, and it's only in the Alpha stage. I'm trying out the new btrfs file system on this 14.04 installation and it is wonderful.

I've been running Linux on my personal systems since May 1, 1998, and for the last four years of my employment I used SuSE (until Novell bought them) and PCLinux as my primary development platform at work, besides running a PostgreSQL database server on a SuSE 6.4 server in my office. The performance of that sever, with its 400+ days uptime convinced the powers to replace 30 aging NetWare servers with Linux.
                    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
                      The performance of that sever, with its 400+ days uptime convinced the powers to replace 30 aging NetWare servers with Linux.
                      Bravo! I guess that's down to good configuration as well as stable software. If I had to pay a licence fee for the software on my server, or go through a validation when I installed/reinstalled it, then I would have been too scared to do the things that have taught me the most about Linux. If you can't tinker without fear, you can't learn. The ability to mess around and break stuff, and then start over for free, is one of the best things about Linux.
                      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                      X