Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids are 17 and 14. We have the entire Harry Potter collection on DVD, which the kids have watched countless times. I haven't watched them with intention myself, so I'm clueless about much of it. I can tell you that some of the French horn parts in the music are real killers, because I've had to play sections of it. But I don't know this "charizard" argle bargle.

Comment

And to think only the other day you were chastising me for not recognising a Pokémon hat!

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...(Pok%C3%A9mon)

There's a wiki for everything, it seems!
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

:headdesk:

I should have known that!

Comment

Yes, yes you should! The route thing was a reference to the original red/blue/yellow games, where HM02 (which teaches fly) can be found at one end of a cycle route with that number.

Don't worry about it, jokes are better when you have to explain them
          samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
            Yes, yes you should! The route thing was a reference to the original red/blue/yellow games, where HM02 (which teaches fly) can be found at one end of a cycle route with that number.
            Sneaky.

Don't worry about it, jokes are better when you have to explain them
            Especially to old farts like me. I turned 48 today! LOL

Comment

Happy B-day! 52 last month for me.

My "Potter" kids are in their mid-20's but Pokemon I get. It's a generational thing I suspect.

Personally, as a reader of great literature, I found the Potter books to be vapid. The one real (and possibly only?) great thing about the series is it brought the love of reading to a generation that generally abhors it. I'm amazed just how many 20-30ish folks I meet that are functional illiterates. My middle son, now 25, hated reading until he got through his first H.P. Now he recommends books to me! Although, most are not of my preferred style.

Feathers: Please tell me you have read much more than H.P. now that you are older. I mean, you live in the country with one of, if not the greatest literary history!

Please Read Me

Comment

A very happy birthday to you! Treat yourself to a gameboy colour and Pokémon Red, and you can still be down with the kids
                samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                  Feathers: Please tell me you have read much more than H.P. now that you are older. I mean, you live in the country with one of, if not the greatest literary history!
                  No fear, I read loads!

Agree about HP... great story, not particularly sophisticated writing style. Better books for kids: Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy.
                  samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                    Happy B-day! 52 last month for me.
                    A very happy birthday to you! Treat yourself to a gameboy colour and Pokémon Red, and you can still be down with the kids
                    Thank you thank you!

Comment

Ha! congratulations with the first day in your 49th. year

(It's four weeks ago I turned 62)

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                        Sneaky.

Especially to old farts like me. I turned 48 today! LOL
                        happy birthday!
                        My 48th is this summer

Get Off My Lawn, you whippersnappers!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                          That's insane. No one should have to spend that much time driving, every day, just to get to and from work.
                          I dunno. Outside of the fatigue factor, is it all that different from my hour long bus ride (taken from the time i leave the house till I arrive at work), or the 35 to 60 minute pedal the same route takes me? I know plenty of people who do it by choice, though that is mostly dictated by career choice and geography.

I am hoping my new wheels can take some of the time off the pedal trips.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0169.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	640652

Now I just need to find a good mount for my phone so I can use something like OsmAnd for my trips

Comment

Originally posted by claydoh View Post
                            I dunno. Outside of the fatigue factor, is it all that different from my hour long bus ride (taken from the time i leave the house till I arrive at work)
                            Yes! You can work on the bus, or read the paper, or just close your eyes and listen to music. I used to get a lot of work done on the commuter train.

Love the bike!

Comment

Originally posted by arist View Post
                              Yes! You can work on the bus, or read the paper, or just close your eyes and listen to music. I used to get a lot of work done on the commuter train.

Love the bike!
                              Yeah, but you have to be around other people *shudder*

For some, that leads to a different kind of fatigue
                              samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Yeah, but you have to be around other people *shudder*

For some, that leads to a different kind of fatigue
                                People! Yuck!
                                Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
                                Always consider Occam's Razor
                                Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X