This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by richb View Post
    Another viewpoint, driving in the country on a beautiful sunny day can be very relaxing. The open road, the top down, wind in your hair, well not mine.
    Except when you're 19, zooming your parent's big-block V8 Bonneville along a rod-straight county section line road at, oh, 155 MPH, and the blur of a "stop ahead" sign registers itself momentarily in your mind...relaxing is not exactly the word I'd use. A certain muscle in my body nearly relaxed itself, though.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
      Except when you're 19, zooming your parent's big-block V8 Bonneville along a rod-straight county section line road at, oh, 155 MPH, and the blur of a "stop ahead" sign registers itself momentarily in your mind...relaxing is not exactly the word I'd use. A certain muscle in my body nearly relaxed itself, though.
      At 19 you are never relaxed. Too many hormones coursing through your body.
      Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
      Always consider Occam's Razor
      Rich

Comment

I travel 55 miles to get to work. That's 110 miles round trip. I've been doing that for over 15 years. I've finally convinced my boss to let me work locally two days a week. The commute to work and back is a huge chunk out of my life. Sometimes I'm on the road 3+ hours a day.
        sigpic

Comment

That's insane. No one should have to spend that much time driving, every day, just to get to and from work.

Comment

That's insane. No one should have to spend that much time driving, every day, just to get to and from work.
            I agree.

There is a clinic opening within the year that will be walking distance from my house. I'm working to claim some office space there since they really don't like us working from home. I work from home when I support off hours on-call. I'm either physically present on the network or connected via VPN when on-call and I'm just as productive either way.
            sigpic

Comment

hehehe.... When I was working outlying areas, I would drive 150-200 miles a day. Currently, I'm averaging about 60 miles a day (45-75 miles). I've gotten to the point where I make my wife drive if we go anywhere.
              I do not personally use Kubuntu, but I'm the tech support for my daughter who does.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddlespit View Post
                ...I've gotten to the point where I make my wife drive if we go anywhere.
                That's where I am at now!
                sigpic

Comment

All this driving really isn't ideal, but no matter how hard I try I just can't apparate! Being a muggle is rubbish. Accio gin!
                  samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
                    All this driving really isn't ideal, but no matter how hard I try I just can't apparate! Being a muggle is rubbish. Accio gin!
                    I don't comprehend, but that isn't surprising. No worries. I've haven't had any REM sleep. I just got paged, and the pages in the middle of the night are spaced so I only get cat naps. I'll read this again when I'm awake in the morning with a cup of coffee.
                    sigpic

Comment

Not a Harry Potter fan? Try this instead:

All this driving really isn't ideal, but no matter how hard I try I just can't teach my Charizard to fly! I'm going to go out for a cycle ride on route 16, hopefully this situation will resolve itself.
                      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I am a Harry Potter fan. I recognize it now that you pointed it out. It's the middle of the night for me. I'm only awake enough to function. I just finished up with my last page so back to sleep.
                        sigpic

Comment

I work nights quite often (but not right now) and can sympathise. Would recommend bacon sandwiches for motivation!
                          samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

I have coffee on-board now. Things make sense, but I can't get bacon out of my mind. I'll have to get a breakfast with bacon on the way into work.

Getting a new phone soon. It will be an Android phone this time, so I'll be looking for a good street map app. I'm ready to skip my personal iPhone across the Columbia River! Oh joy! My employer just made the iPhone their new standard. That's probably because they get the 4s cheap.
                            sigpic

Comment

gin!
                              and tonic!

(that's the only word in your post that I understood, dude)

Comment

Steve, you haven't seen/read Harry Potter?! How old is your son? Not the Harry Potter generation?

Please tell me you understood version 2!
                                samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X