This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Looking for feedback on a certain micro tablet

Now that I have got back in to work and have some spare cash I am thinking of buying this micro tablet (smart phone) Nokia Lumia 520 but I am not interested in using it to access the internet but for its camera / phone / multimedia capabilities.

For listening to music, watching videos maybe even playing games is it a good device?

I know its OS is developed by that Seatle based company that we won't mention but apart from that is it a good device?

Why don't you look at Android Smartphones instead? Within the same price point as the Nokia, but you don't have to settle for Windows.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

^^^^^^Yes. Yes x 4,000,000

Although Im becoming more and more cautious when it comes to Google, I really like Android. There are millions of applications for it, its well supported, highly customizable, and for me has been extremely stable. Anything, ANYTHING is better than Windows. A cave wall and charcoal sticks are better.

Im not sure how music and videos go on Windows phones, but I know that iPhones are really strick about sharing media. You cant really do anything unless its through itunes or another supported paid media application. Android is much more free in this sense. Games....like I already mentioned, Android has a much bigger selection of programs so youll have better luck finding games that you want. This goes for other types of applications as well (photo editing, media playing etc). Plus, Android has KDE Connect, which is very useful if you have a KDE computer.

Comment

Took your advice and I found a micro tablet that has very similar features to the Nokia I mentioned above. It's a ZTE Blade Q mini. Its not a bad device.

Comment

Working...
        X