This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
    D2O is the chemical formulea for Heavy Water, Duterium Oxide. Duterium, unlike Hydrogen, has a neutron in its nucleus, making it twice as heavy as Hydrogen. I thought you guys were nerds?
    Don't worry, I got it
    samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Ha, none of us even thought of that.

We're the Dire Twenty band -- an alternate spelling of the leader's last name followed by the number of people we aspire to have in the group. Abbreviate this to D20 and you have the name of the twenty-sided die used in Dungeons and Dragons, which we use as a logo. I dare say this is nerdier than a chemical symbol

Comment

Indeed! And more cryptic as well!
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Last edited by MoonRise; Feb 16, 2014, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Nice to see that Steve! Listened to web-site. Great!

Comment

Thanks, MoonRise! That video from PAX was our first attempt at doing something in public. We look so rough and uncoordinated! The others are better, but we're still working on better memorization and some choreography. I think after the Honk!Tx street band festival in Austin next month we'll have improved even more.

Comment

Just wish I had more time to "re-learn" the trombone. Has been sooooo long.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonRise View Post
                  Just wish I had more time to "re-learn" the trombone. Has been sooooo long.
                  Get thee to a local teacher and pick up where you left off. Or, in my case, discover some bad habits and work through a process to eliminate them. I've started taking monthly lessons from the principal horn player in the Seattle Symphony and he's been immensely helpful.

Comment

Working...
                  X