X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nerd funk band plays in park near football game

What a motley crew.

Grooving during a brief rest.

Silly mellophone player...red is the color of the other team, don't you know jack about sports?

Awesome, is that guy's horned hat something to do with the football? Or is he just crazy?
    samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

You do rather stand out in the red jacket. What, you can't buy a coat in your home team colors?

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
        Awesome, is that guy's horned hat something to do with the football? Or is he just crazy?
        She is wearing a Pokemon hat. As a nerd funk band, our repertoire is video game music, of course

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
        You do rather stand out in the red jacket. What, you can't buy a coat in your home team colors?
        I have been made to promise that I will purchase a neon green jacket to match my headband. That's true penance.

Comment

Oh, you're asking about the bari sax player. He's just crazy.

Comment

You underestimate me, Steve: of course I recognised the Pokemon hat!
            samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Now we're getting press coverage! Awesomesauce

http://www.capitolhillseattle.com/20...eo-game-tunes/

We have a web site, too. Check us out: http://d20brassband.com/

Comment

That article says you guys play a lot of anime themes, how do you manage that without a Piano? A lot of the anime themes I can think of (like Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away) have a pretty important Piano part, do you just get a different instrument to play that bit? Or am I thinking along the wrong lines?

Have you just made a jazz version?

Sam
                samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Scratch that, I get it now:

http://d20brassband.com/listen/video/

Nice!
                  samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

We create our own arrangements of tunes we like. We do all of our work in MuseScore. It's great because we have a mix of Linux geeks and Windows geeks; we can all use the same software. In fact, I just finished transposing one from B mixolydian to B-flat mixolydian -- went from a zillion sharps to a manageable one, two, or three flats, depending on the instrument's pitch.

Comment

I used to play the classical guitar to quite a high level. I can read music, but sharps and flats are my worst enemy!

Are you the glue that holds the Windows and Linux geeks together?
                      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
                        Are you the glue that holds the Windows and Linux geeks together?
                        Dude, I play the friggin' mellophone. Part of the "background brass" category -- for a reason, LOL

Comment

Duterium Oxide, heh?

That's no amature band! The guy wearing the green head band looks vaguely familiar. Do you know him?
                          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Heavy water... LOLWUT?

Yeah that guy with the headband and the fringed denim jacket stares at me in the mirror every morning. Freaks me the hell out.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
                              Heavy water... LOLWUT?
                              D2O is the chemical formulea for Heavy Water, Duterium Oxide. Duterium, unlike Hydrogen, has a neutron in its nucleus, making it twice as heavy as Hydrogen. I thought you guys were nerds?
                              "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                              – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
                              X