• Time
  • Show
Clear All

re editing/composing posts

I swear. OK, I give up. Please help.
    The dog runs.
    To bold the word "dog," one could type the code explicitly:
    The [b]dog[\b] runs.
    Or ... which is what I prefer to do and it is my question here ...
    Is there not a quick GUI editing icon one can use? For example, you highlight "dog," then click the Bold icon?

I am composing this post right now. I do not see any GUI formatting icons.
    I'd like to edit some posts, as well. I've clicked "Go Advanced," and still see no formatting icons.
    I do not have NoScript enables or anything (no restriction on Java Script, etc.).

What am I doing wrong (this time)?
    An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Our 'default' editor during registration is the Standard Editor. I've reset that to the Advanced Editor. You can change your's to Advanced Editor by going into your Profile settings. Once changed there, it will 'stick'.

Sorry for that!
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

?? the formatting icons are hear ,,,,,,, I would suggest checking your profile and see if perhaps thare is some way of disabling/enabling them .

I just highlighted this and clicked bold ,,,to make it bold,,,,,,, this on firefox what browser are you on ,,,,I will check it as well if you like .

VINNY

OOPS @Snowhog has the answer
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I'm on Firefox, Vinny. I'll check my defaults in profile ...
        An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way. Charles Bukowski

Comment

I found it under My Settings > General Settings -- Miscellaneous Options -- Message Editor Interface, where I changed it from Basic to 'Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing'
          In fact, the formatting icons appear now even in this "Quick Reply" box.
          Thanks.

Comment

ya I was just going to tell ya it was actually in settings not profile (I just found it myself) LOL glad ya got it

VINNY
            i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
            16GB RAM
            Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Thanks, Vinyy. At first, I was also clicking under Profile.

And thanks, Snowhog, for the tip (PM) re timing out!
              What a day. I lost 45 "pages" of edits and had to re-enter them.
              But ... I got it done, plus another 20 pages. All in the GRUB 2 Guide, how-to.

Comment

Thanks Vinny & Snowhog... I did not know about this option. Saves me time, thank you again! Thanks to Qpmike for bringing up the topic!
                Nowadays I'm mostly Mac, but...
                tron: KDE neon User | MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz Xeon | 48GB RAM | 250GB, 1TB, & 500GB Samsung SSDs | Nvidia GTX 980 Ti

Comment

btw, goes that way /, not \
                  but, then, I know you know.

Comment

Or you could have typed this:

Code:
                    [noparse][noparse][b]dog[/b][/noparse][/noparse]
                    Which would have displayed this: [b]dog[/b]

Comment

Working...
                    X