This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TV and film source code

Very interesting blog about where the random bits of computer code we frequently see in movies and on tv come from.

http://moviecode.tumblr.com/

My favorite bit so far (quoted text is actually from a link in the blog):

"The sequence in the film in which this code appears suggests that the code is either being downloaded as firmware to the Iron Man suit or being used to upload firmware to an RCX Lego brick that is somehow involved in the operation of Iron Man."

Apparently the NSA can't spell and likes to run DHCP servers because why not.

Comment

Hehe
      samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Your poor family, do you pause the TV during films whenever something like that comes up on screen?
        samhobbs.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
          Your poor family, do you pause the TV during films whenever something like that comes up on screen?
          Yes, then he yells at it to tell them how dumb they are! lol!

Please Read Me

Comment

... or maybe the Catbert puppet he always wears on his left hand yells it to the family.

On the other hand, maybe the Russians are helping the filmmakers (which accounts for the spelling errors and the apparent reliance on DHCP servers). At least that seems to be the official word from my local lawmakers...
            Last edited by perspectoff; Jan 19, 2014, 11:53 AM.

UbuntuGuide/KubuntuGuide

Right now the killer is being surrounded by a web of deduction, forensic science,
            and the latest in technology such as two-way radios and e-mail.

Comment

I don't want to jack this thread up but I think it is very important to note you will never see anything remotely computer literate come from any CSI episode. You might see some episodes with them sitting in front of a monitor with the words or "code" on their face. Which obviously happens when anyone sits in a dark room with a computer monitor as the only light source. They can also pull up DNA results inside of 2 minutes without much lab work. I avoid watching any of the CSI series because it infuriates me on both computers and medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by Feathers McGraw View Post
                You don't?

Originally posted by oshunluvr View Post
                And one of these days, my TV will yell back. I will have to shoot it then, because Second Amendment.

Originally posted by perspectoff View Post
                On the other hand, maybe the Russians are helping the filmmakers
                Hmmm......yes......that "data assembly" location on the western coast of the Black Sea looks quite suspicious!

Comment

Working...
                X