X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorsport calendar 2014

Hello
    I have made for my own use a separate *.ics-file for this years Motorsport I am interested in:
    Formula 1 (once the Crown Class of motor racing, today nothing but an oblivious marketing show for the rich and snobbyful)
    WTCC, World touring Car Championship with racing on most continents
    BTCC, British Touring Car Championship with races in the UK
    DTM, German Touring car Masters with races in Germany and abroad(as far as China)

And my personal favourite: The Hockenheim Historics in Germany with three days of thorough bred historical racing cars of all kind. There I will be in person.

Just download the attachment, unzip it and import in any calendar supporting *.ics files.
    Attached Files
    Greetings from Scotland's best holiday island – The Isle of Arran
    I keep fighting for an independent Scotland without any nuclear weapons. If the Englanders want them, they can host them. We do not.

Hi Arran

Two things:
    a) I thought maybe that there were some cool graphics with it! LOL, just a hangup of mine.
    b) It did, indeed, install, and for the new folks to KDE, if I might, I'll post the steps involved.

i) download the .zip
    ii) right click to extract, I chose "extract archive here, autodetect subfolder".
    iii) a file labled motorsport_2014.ics appeared.
    iv) menu/applications/office/Personal Information Manager(Kontact)/ open
    v) click the calendar function
    vi) file/import calendar.
    One is taken through the file system to "Kontact" and therein one finds std.ics
    v) navigate to where the motorsport calendar was extracted and click it.
    vi) A requestor bubble will ask if it is to be imported into another calendar or that a new calendar be made. That will be a user decision.

voila!

P.S. if one notes the "original" file pathway in the "import calendar" above one can then extract any future calendars to that location. I don't know, particularly, which option presents the most efficient use of keystrokes and mouse clicks!

Thanks Arran, for thinking of the folks here at the forum!

woodsmoke

Comment

I thought it had graphics as well. I had the same thought as woodsmoke?!!! Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can it be "un-imported"?
      Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
      Always consider Occam's Razor
      Rich

Comment

Cool graphics? You were hoping for pics of "cool bodies", but not necessarily cars?
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Caught me!
          Linux because it works. No social or political motives in my decision to use it.
          Always consider Occam's Razor
          Rich

Comment

If you guys are looking for bodies and motors, Google is (of course) full of such imagery.

Comment

Comment

I'll wager that the scooter gets 5mpg with that load!
                "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by richb View Post
                  Caught me!
                  I hate to say it but that is why I clicked on the link too! Most guys always equates "calendar photos" with pretty girls. It's in our genes!

Comment

Working...
                  X