X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

siduction goes with systemd

siduction's latest RC version uses systemd for initialization, FYI:

http://news.siduction.org/2013/12/si...-with-systemd/
    Last edited by dibl; Dec 23, 2013, 09:43 AM.

I just tried a LiveDVD of Wakawa (Debian sid running Gnome2) and trash canned it. I am going to try Siduction.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It booted up beautifully. Best boot up log I've seen in quite a while, almost error free. Not even a "USB descriptor string error -22"!
      The desktop was beautiful. There was ONE BIG PROBLEM -- a show stopper. The mouse driver detected only the mouse down UP event. Clicking Left Mouse on the menu, or the panel or the desktop had no effect. But, when the mouse up event fired, the menu appeared and instantly disappeared.
      Thus, I couldn't sign on to my wifi using the network manager in the system tray. I couldn't edit the panel and increase it's size. And, I couldn't see the menu system. I could, occasionally, get the web browser or Dolphin to fire.

This is, no doubt, an rc bug. When the mouse works right this will be an awesome distro.
      Last edited by GreyGeek; Dec 24, 2013, 10:19 AM.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek View Post
        There was ONE BIG PROBLEM -- a show stopper. The mouse driver detected only the mouse down event.
        That's not good. The devs would love to get a bug report here.

Comment

I registered but haven't got an admin approval. I typoed the event. Only the mouse UP event fired. The mouse down event doesn't appear to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by dibl View Post
            siduction's latest RC version uses systemd for initialization
            systemd is cool. I think it's one of the main reasons Arch is less complicated to install now than before.

Only the mouse UP event fired. The mouse down event doesn't appear to do anything.
            I'm curious...is this happening on all mouse buttons?

Comment

Bug posted here.

The boot up of the LiveDVD is one of the most faultless, error free bootups I've seen in months, unless they are hiding the bad activity. After the KDE desktop appears if I left mouse click on the menu nothing happens during the down event, but as I let up on the mouse (the up event) the menu suddenly appears for an instant and then disappears. Left or Right mouse on the desktop produces nothing. (New batteries in my LogiTech M185 USB mouse.) I can, randomly get the network manager dialog to appear, but since the left mouse down event doesn't work reliably it is impossible to click "OK" or "Apply", so I can't connect to the network.

I must say, however, that Siduction is very beautiful, seductively so .

Comment

Bug posted here.
                Thanks for doing that, GG. I have not previously seen it or heard of it -- I would suppose it relates to some hardware configuration item.

It would be interesting to see if the behavior is different with a connected mouse in lieu of the wireless mouse. I would expect so. A Logitech M325 wireless mouse works flawlessly on an installed siduction KDE system here.
                Last edited by dibl; Dec 25, 2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X