X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An unintentionally entertaining review of Windows 8.1 and Server 2012 R2

http://www.computerworld.com/s/article/9244153/

My favorite passage is this delicious bit of word salad:
    Authentication and access enabling technologies are important in a BYOD universe. Many Windows users find Apple's iTunes to be difficult to use as an authentication system under Windows, with frequent unthreaded new releases. Microsoft has responded with a unified identity method enhancement of its Windows Intune ecosystem and Active Directory-poised authentication methods.
    I really really want to experience “frequent unthreaded new releases” on my Wipple inTunes player poised over a domain controller.

Reads more like word diarrhea than a salad.

What the heck does “frequent unthreaded new releases" mean anyway? I'm pretty sure "unthreaded" isn't even a word. I'm sure a couple of our UK members will have an opinion on that!

Please Read Me

Comment

There is also a link to Hidden Fangs of Win 8.1 on that page. That article tells how to stop all the tracking Microsoft does and how to return Win 8.1 to a common desktop with a task bar. Add these problems to the fact that Steve's article points out that Win 8.1 has "foibles" installing on bare metal and you have the making of Joe and Sally Sixpack barrier.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Bring Your Own Device? Before I googled BYOD all I could think of was Bring Your Own Drugs.
        Too many acronyms for this old man.

Ken.
        Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Originally posted by lcorken View Post
          Bring Your Own Device? Before I googled BYOD all I could think of was Bring Your Own Drugs.
          You, sir, win the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveRiley View Post
            You, sir, win the internet.
            Now I do need drugs. Well, Maybe just a little rum.
            Opinions are like rear-ends, everybody has one. Here's mine. (|)

Comment

Working...
            X